Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

32 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Didn’t think he was great for us last season. If the rumours were true about his attitude and actions around the club last that saw us send him back, (and I have no doubt they were given they came from multiple sources at the club), then he needs to knuckle down and concentrate on what we know he does best to earn a deal somewhere else as Leicester don’t want him. 

Edited by PV1973

17 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Didn’t think he was great for us last season. If the rumour s were true about his attitude and actions around the club last that saw us send him back, (and I have no doubt they were given they came from multiple sources at the club), then he needs to knuckle down and concentrate on what we know he does best to earn a deal somewhere else as Leicester don’t want him. 

I have heard people talk about these rumours, but what are they? No one seems too want to say what he did same with Theo. I hate when people are so vague.

Edited by Tapper

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Didn’t think he was great for us last season. If the rumours were true about his attitude and actions around the club last that saw us send him back, (and I have no doubt they were given they came from multiple sources at the club), then he needs to knuckle down and concentrate on what we know he does best to earn a deal somewhere else as Leicester don’t want him. 

I don't think Leicester ever wanted him! Was just signed to fill out their U23 squad and potentially sell him on eventually.

I'm surprised he's ended up on trial at a Championship club as I agree he wasn't great for us in his last spell.

It was obvious at the time, and even more obvious now, that he should have signed for us directly from Villa, instead of going to Leicester. If he'd have carried that form on with us he would have got a good move but instead chose the short term money option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He did but as the poster I quoted said we might release him at the end of the season...

If we do then he wouldn’t have proven himself. He’s got a year to show us what he can do and show signs of continuing improvement. If he impressed on the pitch and training ground he will stay. Surely it’s down to the player now to go out there and impress. 

Hurst is decent and if builds his upper strength as the ability do well for Vale hopefully he certainly can put a good ball in with either foot .

My concerns are we are 8 days and nights away from start of the season and we are short of quality up front Rodney is no forward in my opinion so we have just two and a 17year old who might not be ready yet .

Also we have 3 unwanted players still at the club I believe so they need to either be released or be put in the squad as we cannot have unhappy players around the club as surely they will be having train with the young apprentices etc .

Much to do yet before the big kick off in my opinion .

Hurst is decent and if builds his upper strength as the ability do well for Vale hopefully he certainly can put a good ball in with either foot .
My concerns are we are 8 days and nights away from start of the season and we are short of quality up front Rodney is no forward in my opinion so we have just two and a 17year old who might not be ready yet .
Also we have 3 unwanted players still at the club I believe so they need to either be released or be put in the squad as we cannot have unhappy players around the club as surely they will be having train with the young apprentices etc .
Much to do yet before the big kick off in my opinion .

Like I told you before the 3 players are training with the youth team and will stay there until they are sold , released , leave etc

They are nowhere near the first team and they won’t be either so you need to stop thinking they should be

Advert:

Agreeing with Horny Horse, whatever is next for me!

He is a professional footballer, this is a fact. Maybe we will be his only ever professional football club, but he has indeed become a professional footballer. 

• Haha 2

The core of the team is top 3 in the league now.

There’s no better players than Benning, Martin, Worrall and others in their positions - other than maybe a few who are paid double.

excited to start now, though we may be a slow burner.

We’re going up, basically. Mark it now, whatever people say, when it’s all said and done, we’ll be in L1 next season.

Edited by 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, 1 said:

The core of the team is top 3 in the league now.

There’s no better players than Benning, Martin, Worrall and others in their positions - other than maybe a few who are paid double.

excited to start now, though we may be a slow burner.

We’re going up, basically. Mark it now, whatever people say, when it’s all said and done, we’ll be in L1 next season.

I like your enthusiasm. I'll delay my guarantees for a short time. I am not seeing us scoring much atm. I think we are solid and should be no pushovers but I'm not convinced promotion is looming. Mid-table is still better than most seasons in recent years.

34 minutes ago, Ron C said:

I like your enthusiasm. I'll delay my guarantees for a short time. I am not seeing us scoring much atm. I think we are solid and should be no pushovers but I'm not convinced promotion is looming. Mid-table is still better than most seasons in recent years.

The problem is somehow I don't think the majority of fans will except midtable. Whilst I agree it's great the club is now on the up, owner and infrastructure wise, we obviously need to get out of this League ASAP. 

Having said all that, I'm like you, in questioning whether we have enough up top. Only time will tell

• Like 1