Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

6 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Or cue concerns from people who see that our much needed 4th striker has made a total of 2 senior appearances and is yet to score a senior goal. May be great for a development squad but I'm not going to grouse at people for being disappointed.

Isn't that the point about Wiki scouts.

That judgement is based on 2 numbers typed into a wiki page. So you are kind of proving his point a little.

What style of player is he?

Is he fast?

How many has he scored for their youth team?

When did he sign a new contract? Why did they sign him if he has "Only played twice and hasnt scored"

What do their fans think of him?

Fact is, we don't know much about him... lets wait and see.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Anyone know what happened with Danny Amos?

DC has a few examples of saying one thing in the press and doing the complete opposite... top level sh*thousery to throw opposition of the scent.

I'm going to widen the pitch >> Narrows pitch

We probably wont play 3 at the back >> signs CBs who all play nicely in a back 3 and sets us up like that in pre season.

The fact that Amos wasn't mentioned in is latest interview about the trialists, and the fact he said he is willing to wait.... Well that probably means he will sign this afternoon 🙂

Advert:

1 hour ago, OtterVale said:

For Hurst was ok last season, has lots of potential to be a good player, it is just a question of if that talent can be accessed, if not DC will probably release him at the end of his contract. You cannot expect young players to just come into the team a be match winners they need time time develops and mature mentally and physically.

That is the sad thing about our new approach, we have been steadily improving Hirst for several seasons then might just throw him away because "The manager" doesn't like him. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Hurst performed well last season. There was that patch around the time askey got sacked that he genuinely seemed like the only interested player and atleast offered us something. Definitely enough to work with and glad we offered him a contract. Just hope we have a plan for him that gets him enough game time

You are watching a different player to me. Hurst won’t make a footballer as long as we breathe air.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

You are watching a different player to me. Hurst won’t make a footballer as long as we breathe air.

Why not give him a chance to develop?

He's a 21yo player plucked from non-league. He works hard and has a good attitude. He was our liveliest player for a while last season.

DC released 15 players this summer but saw enough in him to extend his contract. That's good enough for me.

I remember seeing young players at Vale like Danny Webber, David McGoldrick and Olamide Shodipo and thinking they didn't look great at the time - yet all 3 have developed and had good careers.

• Like 3

Why not give him a chance to develop?
He's a 21yo player plucked from non-league. He works hard and has a good attitude. He was our liveliest player for a while last season.
DC released 15 players this summer but saw enough in him to extend his contract. That's good enough for me.
I remember seeing young players at Vale like Danny Webber, David McGoldrick and Olamide Shodipo and thinking they didn't look great at the time - yet all 3 have developed and had good careers.
Don't forget Marcus Bent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

That is the sad thing about our new approach, we have been steadily improving Hirst for several seasons then might just throw him away because "The manager" doesn't like him. 

Didn’t this manager that apparently Dosent like him offer him a new deal? Must really hate him then. 

• Like 1

Regarding Hurst - Maybe he will make it, maybe he won’t, but I’ll trust the people at the club who see him every day rather than a bloke on a forum. Frankly he was the least of our worries last season, certainly not someone who I’d have written off. 

• Like 3

Advert:

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I see some of John Robertson's game (Ex Forest winger) in that of Gavin Hurst. I'm not saying he will be as good as Robbo but Hurst has fast acceleration over 5-10yards to make space for a cross and has a low center of gravity and he is no slouch over longer distances. He can move the ball from foot to foot very quickly and can cross with either foot. He may well surprise a few people this year especially if he gets confident.

Never thought of that! I watched Robbo a lot when I lived in Nottingham and he was legendary for his speed over 5 yards despite having a fag before the game. Remember Man U supporters once chanting "You've got Bunter, Billy Bunter on the wing" with Robbo duly obliging by beating their full back twice over 5 yards and crossing for two goals. 2-1 to Forest. Robbo took a bow after the second goal and a hail of pennies came whistling into the home crowd.

Those were the days - so let's hope Hurst comes good. You never know in football. Let's give him a chance. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Didn’t this manager that apparently Dosent like him offer him a new deal? Must really hate him then. 

People keep saying that Clarke offered him the new deal and I don't think this is the case. Sure I read somewhere that everything was being set up before Clarke arrived. I like Hurst although he reminds me of Richard Eyre.