Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Advert:

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very quiet, 12 days to kick off. 

Was Proctor the last signing ?

Surely a striking option is incoming soon. 

I'm guessing that we might have a loan incoming, as if one of the 3 strikers gets injured we are in trouble.

Advert:

Not a player, but a manager we were linked with… someone was even giving it the “he’s definitely signed and will be announced next week” if I remember right… Lee Carsley has been appointed as Boothroyd’s replacement as England u21 coach.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not a player, but a manager we were linked with… someone was even giving it the “he’s definitely signed and will be announced next week” if I remember right… Lee Carsley has been appointed as Boothroyd’s replacement as England u21 coach.

Crikey based on that appointment surely we'd of had no chance although I swear there were photos of him at Vale Park 

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I'm not following this.

What are you saying?

57 minutes ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, darren1810 said:
Crikey based on that appointment surely we'd of had no chance although I swear there were photos of him at Vale Park 

Why not? AC was NI U21s coach wasn't he?

NI under 21's about the level of Congleton. England under 21's is serious business. 

• Like 1

Advert:

I know things have improved down there but Brett Pitman's one year deal with Swindon expired this summer and there has been no word at all as to whether he's extended or signed elsewhere (rumours he's left).

A proper lower-league bagsman who would be a lovely complement to our existing strikers. 

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I know things have improved down there but Brett Pitman's one year deal with Swindon expired this summer and there has been no word at all as to whether he's extended or signed elsewhere (rumours he's left).

A proper lower-league bagsman who would be a lovely complement to our existing strikers. 

he's about as mobile as a statue - we can do better

Advert:

The one thing we need in this team is pace, other than Rodney we have none. We need a pacey striker & winger to come in, whether that be permanent or now more likely on loan. Side is too one paced at the minute. We also already have proctor to provide the height and be the target man, were desperate for someone with a bit of pace. 

• Like 2

After watching last nights game I think we need another Rodney/Sodje type striker.

I'm not a fan of 3-5-2 for the lack of width so I think we need strikers running the channels to stretch play. It felt like everything was played in front of Sheffield Wed night without really turning them round and getting them running towards their own goal.

Proctor is a good target man but not too mobile, and Wilson looks like someone who comes short to link up play a lot.