Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

31 minutes ago, MBE said:

So nothing announced... I didn't know if I had missed any news - The Sentinel reporting has been horrendous during the off-season.

what sentinel reporting?????????????????????????/ are we at war with the rag?   the tides-well out? 😄😉:drink:

Advert:

19 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

what sentinel reporting?????????????????????????/ are we at war with the rag?   the tides-well out? 😄😉:drink:

The sentinel  has bin <ovf censored> just lately any way. The keep doing peces on things that are not even in stoke and copying and pasting things from Facebook.

• Like 1

Didn't the Sentinel's holding group make lots of redundancies and reporters like Baggers were left to cover several clubs (I'm sure he was doing Chester articles)?

Local journalism is in the mud. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Didn't the Sentinel's holding group make lots of redundancies and reporters like Baggers were left to cover several clubs (I'm sure he was doing Chester articles)?

Ah that's sad to hear. Let's hope the coverage during the season doesn't suffer too much

Advert:

18 hours ago, Joe B said:

Yep, I think that's the issue. There's been a load of cuts at the Johnston Press and I think Mike is now having to cover several clubs so naturally there's less focus on Vale as a result. It's a pity and sadly it does show what an excellent job the Sentinel did do of covering Vale issues in the past. 

I think things are changing and people naturally are purchasing less newspapers.

With Vale now we have excellent site like OVF and Port Vale's own page as well as social media accounts.

Its sad that it is diminishing in the sentinel, however we get plenty of news from other avenues.

Sent from my SM-G973F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert:

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Very quiet, 12 days to kick off. 

Was Proctor the last signing ?

Surely a striking option is incoming soon. 

I'm guessing that we might have a loan incoming, as if one of the 3 strikers gets injured we are in trouble.

Not a player, but a manager we were linked with… someone was even giving it the “he’s definitely signed and will be announced next week” if I remember right… Lee Carsley has been appointed as Boothroyd’s replacement as England u21 coach.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not a player, but a manager we were linked with… someone was even giving it the “he’s definitely signed and will be announced next week” if I remember right… Lee Carsley has been appointed as Boothroyd’s replacement as England u21 coach.

Crikey based on that appointment surely we'd of had no chance although I swear there were photos of him at Vale Park 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I'm not following this.

What are you saying?

57 minutes ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, darren1810 said:
Crikey based on that appointment surely we'd of had no chance although I swear there were photos of him at Vale Park 

Why not? AC was NI U21s coach wasn't he?

NI under 21's about the level of Congleton. England under 21's is serious business. 

• Like 1