Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

This is a good video. Good knowledge of squads and signings .

Lasts 22 minutes but it's worth a watch IMO. 

I won't spoil it by saying where we are predicted. 

Umpteen videos on YouTube but this seems more knowledgeable than some of the ones done by young kids . 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Lasts 22 minutes but it's worth a watch IMO. 

I won't spoil it by saying where we are predicted. 

Umpteen videos on YouTube but this seems more knowledgeable than some of the ones done by young kids . 

Excellent listen.Very interesting comments about Vale. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not sure about that one Darren. Some very very dubious predictions in there.

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

FourFourTwo magazine has predicted us to finish 11th.

(their top 7 are Newport, Bradford, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Salford, Tranmere)

Noticed that the Racing and Football Outlook paper last week was tipping Vale as serious contenders (don't know if they predicted placings tho).

I wouldn't disagree too much with that predicton. I'd reckoned an ever so slightly better position than last season. Still too shy up top for me: however, a decent signing before the big kick off and maybe we could scrape the play offs? 

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Not sure about that one Darren. Some very very dubious predictions in there.

Yes I thought a few were strange. 

I've watched a couple and one had Exeter for relegation !! 

The one I posted did seem to know the squads but Colchester in particular was a random selection for promotion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

A bit rich coming from one of Clarke's biggest critics.

I am not slagging him off, I thought it was relevant as Hartlepool are in our league and he's on trial there. You obviously didn't click on the story as the Hartlepool manager criticised most of the trialists but not by name. 

You carry on slagging off our recruitment instead and your doom and gloom outlook on our manager.

Laughable reply which incredibly got 3 likes. 

It has eight likes now. The people liking it probably appreciated the general sentiment of not slagging off former players rather than looking at it through the prism of "anti/pro Clarke poster says x" which seems to have weirdly taken over the forum and every topic discussed within it.

2 hours ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

FourFourTwo magazine

They pick names out of a hat, I wouldn't bother with them. Bookies odds is the one to watch at this time of the season. 

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Thank goodness we escaped relegation - it would have been a trap door to oblivion. It's all gone mental in the National with rich new owners trying to outspend each other at the prospect of landing a place in the promised land. Always wanted Wrexham and Stockport to get back up but let's hope we get promotion this season because trying to compete with this lot in L2 would make it even more difficult to get out. 

It's going to be fascinating to watch the National this season - it will be frantic! 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Wrex said:

It has eight likes now. The people liking it probably appreciated the general sentiment of not slagging off former players rather than looking at it through the prism of "anti/pro Clarke poster says x" which seems to have weirdly taken over the forum and every topic discussed within it.

I don't think I actually slagged off Cullen, merely pointed out he was one of the trialists.

Anyway we move on 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, tisdeano said:

I apologised , I’m not very good at expressing myself in written form , it’s hard to portray the emotion behind it

Your passion shines through. I don't agree with you, but there is no doubting the strength of your belief. I almost put you on my ignore list - glad I didn't! Keep being passionate for the Vale and our players...just remember others will think differently, at some time?

Edited by LancyTony
Spelling
  • Like 1

What do the bookies and these online experts know?  Sweet FA.  We all know that if Dazzler can grow his hair back to that lockdown winning run mop hairstyle we’ll smash this tin pot league.  UTV.

Posted (edited)

FourFourTwo has declined in quality in recent years. Used to be an avid reader.

Racing Post, surprisingly, often has excellent football previews. Their Euro 2020 was streets clear of FFT's in my view. Far more detail.

Obviously that has little to do with the accuracy of their predictions.

I know its their job, and many many more predictions will come out in the coming weeks (NTT20's is always great, those lads are class), but anyone who claims to have a serious handle on our prospects is fibbing. We've undergone the biggest change of any squad and there's simply no way of judging how it'll all go. If you put a gun to my head right now I'd suggest 6th-10th but I genuinely couldn't tell you why bar Worrall and Conlon good, and Pett is a great signing.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe B said:

FourFourTwo has declined in quality in recent years. Used to be an avid reader.

Racing Post, surprisingly, often has excellent football previews. Their Euro 2020 was streets clear of FFT's in my view. Far more detail.

Obviously that has little to do with the accuracy of their predictions.

I know its their job, and many many more predictions will come out in the coming weeks (NTT20's is always great, those lads are class), but anyone who claims to have a serious handle on our prospects is fibbing. We've undergone the biggest change of any squad and there's simply no way of judging how it'll all go. If you put a gun to my head right now I'd suggest 6th-10th but I genuinely couldn't tell you why bar Worrall and Conlon good, and Pett is a great signing.

How will they all fit together is the unknown.  Better ingredients help but if the oven fails so does the cake.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I don't think I actually slagged off Cullen, merely pointed out he was one of the trialists.

Anyway we move on 

Yeah I don't think you singled him out and it was interesting to hear a snippet of how Hartlepool are getting on so it was worth mentioning definitely

• Like 1

23 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool manager slagging off the fact half of their trialists have turned up unfit. 

I'm not saying Cullen is one but he fits the bill. 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/friendly-defeat-at-spennymoor-town-a-harsh-reality-check-for-hartlepool-united-trialists-as-dave-challinor-questions-fitness-3317046?amp

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Anyway we move on 

I took your original comment to mean “I’m not saying Cullen is one, but I am saying Cullen is one”. 😄

• Haha 1

Your passion shines through. I don't agree with you, but there is no doubting the strength of your belief. I almost put you on my ignore list - glad I didn't! Keep being passionate for the Vale and our players...just remember others will think differently, at some time?

Absolutely
  • Thanks 1