Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

10 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I still don't quite understand why we don't use Robinson. If he was as rubbish as he is claimed to be and has still scored more than 100 career goals, how good would he have been if he had been trying? Surely a good manager should be able to get a tune out of him. Makes no sense to me that we are paying someone not to play for us. 

Sort of believe that. After all Guthrie was brought in as a Robinson replacement and ended up below him. 

He did improve under the new management structure. 

There is no proof that all these new boys will be better.

I do agree, that while he is getting paid he should be given a proper pre season. He has a year left on his deal and I reckon he will see it out. 

Advert:

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Crikey. That's a statement signing.

I wonder if we should send Hugh Jackman a message, see if he fancies putting some investment into a L2 club, just to wind up Ryan 'National League' Reynolds?!  

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

I wonder if we should send Hugh Jackman a message, see if he fancies putting some investment into a L2 club, just to wind up Ryan 'National League' Reynolds?!  

hes too busy with coffee shops in new york.😄:drink:

4 minutes ago, Clayts said:

we must have missed a trick here!!!!!!!!!!

Advert:

On 29/06/2021 at 08:13, Portvale4 said:

You don’t seriously believe we have a chance of signing Mullin? Come on, let’s be realistic.

Well he’s just signed for a side in the league below? Wasn’t that far fetched was it. Definitely not signed for a championship club!!

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Well he’s just signed for a side in the league below? Wasn’t that far fetched was it. Definitely not signed for a championship club!!

To be honest I wouldn't have wanted us to break the bank for someone that had never hit double figures before last season.

I'd hazard a guess he must be on £3,000-£5,000+ a week to turn down some of the clubs linked with him and sign for a non-league club?

• Like 1

Just now, valeparklife said:

To be honest I wouldn't have wanted us to break the bank for someone that had never hit double figures before last season.

I'd hazard a guess he must be on £3,000-£5,000+ a week to turn down some of the clubs linked with him and sign for a non-league club?

Yeah it’s a tough one, he could just be coming into his prime and is a genuine goal scorer, or it’s just a complete one off as you say. Oh yeah he will be on a fair wage at Wrexham, they’re another side splashing the cash with their Hollywood owners. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yeah it’s a tough one, he could just be coming into his prime and is a genuine goal scorer, or it’s just a complete one off as you say. Oh yeah he will be on a fair wage at Wrexham, they’re another side splashing the cash with their Hollywood owners. 

I wouldn't swop our current situation for a vanity project like Wrexham.

• Like 7

Advert:

Mullin had his wonder season last year. 

Was compared to Pope in 12/13 , but in reality Pope has been a far far more consistently heavier scorer. 

I'm not totally convinced by Mullin myself, been a bit part journeyman until last season. 6 goals here, 8 goals there . A 3 year deal at Wrexham , there's only one automatic place so the two money bags them and Stockport had better hope it pays off . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I still don't quite understand why we don't use Robinson. If he was as rubbish as he is claimed to be and has still scored more than 100 career goals, how good would he have been if he had been trying? Surely a good manager should be able to get a tune out of him. Makes no sense to me that we are paying someone not to play for us. 

A number of managers have tried him. He’s been awful and you can’t say that DC hasn’t given him a good go, he started a fair amount of games towards the back end of last season. His goals are in the past and his record overall is pretty poor, especially Both spells for us! 

What manager? Everyone at vale has failed to get a tune out of him. Maybe the player themselves should have a bit of pride and put some effort in. 

I was extremely disappointed when we signed him as I remembered his previous spell, he was even worse this time around. Don’t see why even under contract we would want to give him yet another chance. Much rather us give a young lad a chance that actually has some interest in playing for us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Does that mean Salford have began to tighten the purse strings or Wrexham with their hollywood owners are out Salfording them.

No mate still made some decent signings. 

Mcaleny, Lund , Josh Morris, Shepherd from Newport and that King who we seemed linked with. 

Mcaleny and Henderson potential good amount of goals there 

Edited by darren1810

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I think we’re going up. Seriously. 

FourFourTwo magazine has predicted us to finish 11th.

(their top 7 are Newport, Bradford, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Salford, Tranmere)

Noticed that the Racing and Football Outlook paper last week was tipping Vale as serious contenders (don't know if they predicted placings tho).

10 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

FourFourTwo magazine has predicted us to finish 11th.

(their top 7 are Newport, Bradford, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Salford, Tranmere)

Noticed that the Racing and Football Outlook paper last week was tipping Vale as serious contenders (don't know if they predicted placings tho).

I think top 7 is a minimum for us - anything less should be seen as a failure given the summer recruitment.

I feel our chances of success will heavily depend on the front two and of course luck with injuries to key players.  We really need at least 40 goals between Rodders and Wilson to give us a chance. I was watching Tony Naylor goals yesterday on the Youtube channel and couldn't help thinking Wilson could potentially give us the same kind of X factor in this division IF his head is right and DC can motivate him. 

I'm obviously biased, but on paper as things stand I would take our collective attacking/creative players of Rodders, Wilson, Proctor, Conlon, Wozza and Benning over anyone else in this league. 

Still think we need another top striker at this level to give the option of playing Rodders LW.