Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

9 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
34 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

He’s found the level where it doesn’t need a medical on a shoulder injury that happened playing for our club where in the game it happened he played on with a very serious injury that has ended his pro career

If the injury was that bad, wouldn't he get paid out by his insurance?

Are you sure that he hasn't?

4 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

He had clubs after him, he took advice , he’s honest and took the advice, it’s you who pedals vindictive unsubstatsntiated crap

green eyed monster rearing its head

• Like 1

Without any doubt Top Pope was a legend! did fantastic for us, I would always thank him for what he did for us and buy him a pint. Tom as with a lot of our 20/21 squad there time was up ! We move on as they do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Without any doubt Top Pope was a legend! did fantastic for us, I would always thank him for what he did for us and buy him a pint. Tom as with a lot of our 20/21 squad there time was up ! We move on as they do. 

Yes his tune was up, caused by the injury playing for us

Yet he came back and played against Grimsby and Mansfield despite it ending his pro career ?
Some people won't let go will they. His time was up it was as straightforward as that 

His medical payout shows his time was up, it’s very straightforward

He didn’t need pass a medical to play for vale then , it’s not rocket science , use your brain
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Mate it’s ridiculous, what makes some people so nasty ?

It's August 2035. Vale have just beaten Charlton 2-0 at home, at the new redeveloped Vale Park. Tom Conlon is the manager. Phil manages to find some way to steer the post match thread towards the subject of Tom Pope, who has been retired for 12 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Yes his tune was up, caused by the injury playing for us

That was his job injuries do happen in football, that’s no fault of the club. 

Generally as players age they do get injured. That isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t know why we everyone has to suddenly feel so bad. He’s had a great career at this level and will still probably be on a decent enough wage for congleton. Lots of other players have career ending injuries much younger. 

At the end of the day his time was up. He wasn’t as good and if your picking up injuries like that it’s time up at this level. Brilliant player for us but time was up 

• Like 2

I don't think people are nasty mate.
I made quite a lengthy post a couple of weeks ago about Pope. 
I won't bore you with it but it was full of praise and great memories.
However football is ruthless, his time was up. I was actually sick of seeing his name, a poster on here was obsessed with him re-signing. 
We move on , people aren't nasty merely realistic . 
I think you should be less touchy about things 

Mate it’s the sneering, “ found his level “

Personally I did not post once he should stay

He’s had medically retire from an injury playing for our club, its very straightforward
  • Like 3

Just now, Doha said:

It's August 2035. Vale have just beaten Charlton 2-0 at home, at the new redeveloped Vale Park. Tom Conlon is the manager. Phil manages to find some way to steer the post match thread towards the subject of Tom Pope, who has been retired for 12 years. 

I don't know Phil but to be fair he's not brought it up 

And the other week another poster was in bits about Pope going and monopolised the whole thread .

Just trying add balance as Phil is replying to news Pope has signed for Congleton 

• Like 1

That was his job injuries do happen in football, that’s no fault of the club. 

Generally as players age they do get injured. That isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t know why we everyone has to suddenly feel so bad. He’s had a great career at this level and will still probably be on a decent enough wage for congleton. Lots of other players have career ending injuries much younger. 

At the end of the day his time was up. He wasn’t as good and if your picking up injuries like that it’s time up at this level. Brilliant player for us but time was up 

Never said it was the clubs fault what are you on about ?

I agree with your first paragraph completely. Disrespectful. 
I think folk got tired of the lazy ' well Kevin Ellison is still playing' quotes and the incessant rambling when it was clear he's not coming back.
He rightly gets a good send off with a testimonial and good wishes. 
Really think in both camps stay or go we need to move on. 
The king is dead long live the king.
I'm more interested now in James Wilson and Rodney . 

I agree Darren
  • Like 1

Good luck to Popey at Congleton ,shame about the career ending injury sustained v Sunderland in nothing trophy,he owes us nothing being a great servant to the club. 
Back on track I feel we do  not have enough goals in us hopefully theres a revolving door this week and 3 transfer listed players find new clubs to play for and the 3 replacements are coming in the door pronto .

I agree, we are definitely bringing a striker and wide player in
  • Like 1

I don't envisage anyone coming in until Monday at the earliest. Maybe a trialist against Sheff Wednesday on Tuesday. 

Definitely another forward in the building for me. 

I've been doing a lot of reading up . A few like Bristol Rovers and Bradford have virtually done all their business but some are nowhere near. Newport for example have a lot on trial and they made the play off final. The link I've put at the bottom they had 4 trialists, bear in mind that they lost Sheehan too. 

I don't think we are in a bad position.  

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19457443.kevin-ellison-talks-newport-county-new-contract/

• Like 1