Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

23 hours ago, MBE said:

Bailey will be nowhere near the 1st team squad come August. He's only a 2nd year pro. I would imagine he has gone to the training camp this week to get a taste of what what it takes physically to be a professional. A lot of clubs do the same thing with young pros at this time of year to test them out.

If he was really good and strong enough to be part of a L2 1st team squad at this stage of his career he wouldn't be at Vale!

Possibly true, but there’s being “really good” and “good enough”.  If the latter then it would depend on just where the staff see him.  If they think he’s good enough to get enough game time in the first team squad to develop then who knows.  Obviously if he started banging a few goals in at senior level he’d be gone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

McKirdy seems to be having a decent game for Swindon tonight, scored two so far

Think hes signed for them from what ive heard, wish the lad well never got a sniff at vale rumours never confirmed to be true i think he just didnt fit in for whatever reason that is. Got no hard feelings towards McKirdy personally 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Think hes signed for them from what ive heard, wish the lad well never got a sniff at vale rumours never confirmed to be true i think he just didnt fit in for whatever reason that is. Got no hard feelings towards McKirdy personally 

Whilst nothing was ever officially confirmed, (in reality club would never do that anyway), I heard from plenty of different sources in the club what he was like around the place. Even Clarke alluded to his issues in his interviews when he gave him a chance. For his sake I hope he can sort himself out because he isn’t going to get many more chances. 

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good to see Gibbo and Hurst on the grass and training with the team

Agree on Gibbo and hurst. The manager said at the weekend Gibbo was back on the grass doing some work, hopefully the summer break and not being rushed back has helped him. However at a guess he must be a month or 2 behind the rest of the team in terms of fitness?