Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

3 hours ago, tisdeano said:

I think we have improved in almost every area , little question mark for me on keepers but we will see very shortly if they are better or not

Cant really argue with that,i also think our squad looks stronger than last seasons with a couple more still to come in but as you say it's to be seen if the keepers are better than Brown,there will be a couple of signings that dont work out as there usually is but i have full confidence in the management set up to get the majority right

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why have you posted this? If DC had signed him you would be slating him no end

Looking at the players they have signed its only Wilkinson i think is really decent tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really happy with the squad. Fantastic progress. There isn’t many teams around who have convinced every wanted player to stay, released all the unwanted players and replaced them with proven better experience / higher league experience / more potential in every single case from what I can see.

• Like 4

If Walsall want to pick a fight with us, let them fight in an empty room as we go on to better things. It’s like arguing with Trump, facts vs bluster and warped obsession. 

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why have you posted this? If DC had signed him you would be slating him no end

Looking at the players they have signed its only Wilkinson i think is really decent tbh

I had an email from Walsall because I have bought England tickets from them and am on their mailing list. I thought it was of interest as they are in our league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority and see him as a squad signing, I’m really don’t get how some people go overboard about us essentially developing someone else’s players.

He comes to us having gained good experience, despite his young age, and at a level not much below us - if we get a good season out of him that's excellent...and probably a deal cheaper than a permanent signing? Plus, he may be a loanee that DC is hoping he can sign permanent, later? In any case, does it hurt to take on good, young talent, even if it's only for a season? He may well be a squad player...but, if Gibbo is out for a while, still, Cass could play himself into first choice?

• Like 6

I’m sure other clubs would want a player involved in promotion just a few weeks ago. Like other clubs were apparently interested in Johnson.

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

He comes to us having gained good experience, despite his young age, and at a level not much below us - if we get a good season out of him that's excellent...and probably a deal cheaper than a permanent signing? Plus, he may be a loanee that DC is hoping he can sign permanent, later? In any case, does it hurt to take on good, young talent, even if it's only for a season? He may well be a squad player...but, if Gibbo is out for a while, still, Cass could play himself into first choice?

Nothing wrong with a good loan. I agree completely with you. Mitch Clark and Jake Taylor are good examples. 

Many clubs utilise it and players help them achieve their aims . It's a two way street, helps Newcastle by him playing ' proper ' football and helps Vale . 

Win win surely. 

• Like 2

Luke Molyneux seems a good shout and could Port Vale be one of the clubs interested in signing the speedy "wing wizard" and as the article says the 28 days to consider the improved contract offer for an U24 player is a formality and it does seem that Molyneux could well be signing elsewhere.

Molyneux left wing and as fourth striker Swan back on loan and Solanke defensive midfield cover would complete a busy summer of signings......never known one like it.....that would be 15 new players.