Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

34 minutes ago, capirex said:

Walsall sign Stephen Ward from Ipswich. Loads of experience at a high level including Stoke and ex Ipswich captain. Could be a good signing at this level but at 35 not the player he was!

Full back is not the position I would want an old player.

7 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Interesting note on Crookes joining Grimsby:

"He is someone I have been aware of for some time, to be honest. I know Darrell well over at Port Vale, he said it was a tough decision to let him go and when his agent was in touch, it kind of progressed from there." - Paul Hurst

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/crookes-pens-mariners-deal/

Fair play. He was okay, that's it. Not terrible but not great either 

• Like 2

Absolutely fundamental we give this whole project time. 

Top 7 is definitely the aim, but Blackpool could have panicked and sacked Critchley after a dreadful start. They have principles about how they wanted to play and develop footballers, which led to them sticking with him as they had a philosophy to adhere to, and it has resulted in promotion.

For the first time ever it feels we have a bit of direction, a bit of a plan. If it doesn't work perfectly early doors then it cannot be panic time. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Absolutely fundamental we give this whole project time. 

Top 7 is definitely the aim, but Blackpool could have panicked and sacked Critchley after a dreadful start. They have principles about how they wanted to play and develop footballers, which led to them sticking with him as they had a philosophy to adhere to, and it has resulted in promotion.

For the first time ever it feels we have a bit of direction, a bit of a plan. If it doesn't work perfectly early doors then it cannot be panic time. 

1000% this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

1000% this.

I can just see a few iffy results early doors and folk who don't really know what they're on about bemoaning the wages spent on a Director of Football, how we should have kept Browny, and how we have 'more coaches than Copelands' (which is a great joke and does not get old, ever).

The best sides have values/principles/identities (call it whatever you want) and they stick to them. We've lurched from half-cooked idea to Rioja-induced fantasy every 2-3 years since Rudge left, desperately trying to recapture the magic he brought without quite figuring out how, or clocking that John Rudges don't exist in the game anymore.

We've got to commit to this. It might not work but it's better than giving up 10 games in and latching on to something else. If we're going to be a strong, physical, tactically flexible outfit (reminds me of Cowley's Lincoln) with data-led recruitment then let's properly make a go of it.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I can just see a few iffy results early doors and folk who don't really know what they're on about bemoaning the wages spent on a Director of Football, how we should have kept Browny, and how we have 'more coaches than Copelands' (which is a great joke and does not get old, ever).

The best sides have values/principles/identities (call it whatever you want) and they stick to them. We've lurched from half-cooked idea to Rioja-induced fantasy every 2-3 years since Rudge left, desperately trying to recapture the magic he brought without quite figuring out how, or clocking that John Rudges don't exist in the game anymore.

We've got to commit to this. It might not work but it's better than giving up 10 games in and latching on to something else. If we're going to be a strong, physical, tactically flexible outfit (reminds me of Cowley's Lincoln) with data-led recruitment then let's properly make a go of it.

I think a way out of League 2 is to be at a higher professional level as a club. May not necessarily have much better players or even better players at all. But if they are better organised, fit together as a team and squad and have a slight edge on fitness and physicality it can go a long way. Our backroom looks wholly more professional than the start of last season. There are more of them, they clearly bring a lot of knowledge and experience from higher levels / done it before and they look like a joined up management team etc. So I really am pretty hopeful. 

I think Port Vale is a big club in League 2. Maybe some are equal - Tranmere - or slightly bigger - Swindon - but we should be punching our weight and expect us to do so.

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Back on track with transfers

Who would you like us to sign with the 3 remaining places ?

Striker
Winger
Right back

Sully Kai Kai is still not fixed up yet
I saw someone put that Andrade won’t be signing

This week could be interesting

The RB is going to be interesting. Can't actually pluck a name out but there's a possibility that they ( depending on formation ) may well start a few games with the Gibbons injury. 

Kaikai is a great shout .