Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

The 3 listed players are done they won't be in the squad the 2 youth lads probably wont get deals and if they do they will go on loan and Bailey is still in the youth set up so even if he does play he won't count towards the limits. So definitely need 3 more RB,LW and striker

• Like 1

Advert:

So what's the squad up to yet .
Goalkeepers Covalan Stone .
RB Gibbons Smith Emergency ?
CH Legge Smith Martin Johnson Lennon
LB Jones Benning 
RM Worrall Amoo 
CM Pett Garrity Chambers Walker Conlon J Taylor S Burgess Whitehead 
LM Rodney Hurst 
F Wilson Bailey Proctor Rodney Robinson .
So thats our squad up to yet how many more are we allowed bearing in mind 3 of them are training allegedly with the youth team ,so are not in Dcs plans however they might have to be if cannot find a club so cannot dismiss them from the squad as Robinson alongside a Wilson could be lethal that's if he can sort out whatever is affecting him so much off the pitch as he does not seem to me like he is at the level he feels he needs to be ,never mind what we expect of a regular goalscorer at this level .

Why do people keep including the 3 transfer listed lads in our squad ????

They are training away from the first team and DC says there futures are away from the club

They will not be in the registered 23 man squad , they either rot in the youth team or find a new club

Please stop thinking they will play again for the first team , it ain’t gonna happen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

GK Covalan/Stone

RB Gibbons/NEW RB

CB Smith/Martin/Johnson/Legge

LB Benning/Jones

RW Worrall/Amoo

CM Pett/Conlon/Walker/Taylor/Garrity

LW Hurst/NEW LW

ST Rodney/Wilson/Proctor/NEW ST

PLUS U21 Lennon (CB) Dyer (LW)

So just three more signings RB/LW/ST and the two first year professional youth team graduates that is 25 players....jobs a good'un!

• Like 1

Also of note....youth team players Clarke (RB) Nunes and Sangare (CB) Bailey and Agho (ST)......hopefully Lennon and Dyer get contracts and others will come through the system.....got to get the reserve team back going for player development and game time for fringe players and players returning from injury.

Advert:

2 hours ago, vale victory said:

Why do people keep including the 3 transfer listed lads in our squad ????

They are training away from the first team and DC says there futures are away from the club

They will not be in the registered 23 man squad , they either rot in the youth team or find a new club

Please stop thinking they will play again for the first team , it ain’t gonna happen

Yes I understand that but can Vale as a club have players being paid for nothing as that's not on .

It's like me turning up at work and them saying you be paid but you can go home or you can do nothing to earn your money .

Training is not earning your money ,what you do 15.00 on a Saturday or 19.45 tues or wed is ,in my opinion so you have to if not part of the plans play your way into the plans if haven't got lined up elsewhere as you do not get money for nothing you have to give everything to earn your money ,the folk do who watch you so I'd expect a different hunger from the 3 not wanted players .

Edited by Breadwinner

Yes I understand that but can Vale as a club have players being paid for nothing as that's not on .
It's like me turning up at work and them saying you be paid but you can go home or you can do nothing to earn your money .
Training is not earning your money ,what you do 15.00 on a Saturday or 19.45 tues or wed is ,in my opinion so you have to if not part of the plans play your way into the plans if haven't got lined up elsewhere as you do not get money for nothing you have to give everything to earn your money ,the folk do who watch you so I'd expect a different hunger from the 3 not wanted players .

They will be expected to train away from the youth team they will not be part of the named squad

They won’t want to rot in the youth team , they will get fixed up you watch .

All 3 players have been told they can leave and are not in the managers plans

DC doesn’t want them so why have them involved and be disgruntled or a bad influence around the group

Either way they ain’t getting registered
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, mikey said:

Rhys Oates signs for Mansfield. I was hoping we might have been in for him.

Hartlepool are possibly going to be in a mess 

Already playing catch up.

That's Johnson Armstrong and Oates all departed from the team that won the play off final 

Advert:

Just now, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool are possibly going to be in a mess 

Already playing catch up.

That's Johnson Armstrong and Oates all departed from the team that won the play off final 

yep, cant see them doing much unless they splash the cash

2 hours ago, mikey said:

Rhys Oates signs for Mansfield. I was hoping we might have been in for him.

Just wondering why you think that? Not really done anything at all at league level has he(not sure)

I know that if we were in for him before he went Hartlepool then a lot of fans would be in meltdown a bit like if we had signed Mullin last summer,as a lot only look at stats

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Just wondering why you think that? Not really done anything at all at league level has he(not sure)

I know that if we were in for him before he went Hartlepool then a lot of fans would be in meltdown a bit like if we had signed Mullin last summer,as a lot only look at stats

Hes in form and coming off a good season. I think he would have been worth taking a punt on, and Mansfield obviously see something too.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, mikey said:

Hes in form and coming off a good season. I think he would have been worth taking a punt on, and Mansfield obviously see something too.

I do really like Johnson who they signed from Orient proven in this league as well

Remember, Vale had a squad of around 35 players only a couple of years ago. I'm sure that reducing the squad size will have made a huge difference to the club's finances. So carrying 3 players for a while is probably not the end of the world.
Also, whilst making them train away from the squad might sound a bit off, it will surely motivate them and their agents to find alternative employment.