Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Doha said:

Exactly. There's a reason there were a few youth players at Kidsgrove, that's the new direction the club is heading. They want to upgrade the academy to Cat 2 status and to do that you need more full time staff and coaching hours delivered, hence the likes of Rooney. 

Cat 2 academy status would be fantastic. If and when we do apply for this, then the coaching staff would have to increase a fair bit like youve rightly said. Also the facilities are not good enough yet in just having a couple of pitches behind the Bycars which are shared with first team players. We would also be required to have an indoor dome built for training purposes. Not sure where that would be built? But when you get better status and better coaches at academy level and the facilities, then the better players who are out there playing local sunday lads n dads would possibly come to us rather than choosing the likes of stoke Shrewsbury Burton etc…

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Now Breadwinner too🤔

🤣 put it this way if you went to meet VFIA and BW there would only be one person waiting for you in the room. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Haha 1

I have no idea how many backroom staff we have had in the past.

I get the impression that we are upgrading.

Can someone tell me how we compare with this time last season, and also with other clubs at this level?

45 minutes ago, Doha said:

Exactly. There's a reason there were a few youth players at Kidsgrove, that's the new direction the club is heading. They want to upgrade the academy to Cat 2 status and to do that you need more full time staff and coaching hours delivered, hence the likes of Rooney. 

Cat 2 costs a few quid as well, but it reduces the restrictions on where/what age you can recruit players. 

We want promotion now but I would like to think that the safeguards and foundations are put in place to prevent the next generation of Vale fans from having to endure a 20 year spell like we have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Deffo at this level, but in fairness you do see teams play with a big guy up top at all levels, eg. Lukaku for Belgium.

Is Lukaku available? he's become a bit of a beast!

Can someone tell me how we compare with this time last season, and also with other clubs at this level?
We have the same as last year for the first team the only extra is Flickers. As for the academy Rooney replaced the bloke who went stoke and paynter has taken Sinclair's job
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SFBT said:

All I can say is, in modern day pro football, the setup we now have is the norm. Almost the basic requirements. A manager/headcoach, two assistants, a fitness coach and a  goalkeeper coach. Then you can have your mentality coach, the fitness coach can have assistants, your analysis team, kit men etc. And then your health department on top of that. Look at the staffs at the Euros, they travel with their own chefs, to be sure they get the right food... There's almost more staff than players on some teams. 

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Thanks 1

Certainly looks like we are stepping up in terms of coaching, we used to carry coaches out of sentiment...now there seems to be a well through out recruitment process.

In a world where squad caps and wages restrictions are making building a competitive team more difficult, the back room is where we can really gain an edge that could see us promoted. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sutton have signed Bouldewijn from Notts County.

Seems to of lost his way after quite a big fee to Crawley.

Still surprised at his destination.

I'm guessing he must be pretty erratic, talent alone he should be better than National League/a bottom end League Two team(no disrespect to Sutton but I'm guessing their budget will be at the lower end of League Two all things consider despite it being a reasonably affluent area). I suspect he thought the move to County would work out better than going down then 2 seasons in a lower division though. That's football I guess!

• Like 1