Jump to content

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings


Doha

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Warren said:

It's a measurement issue. Are we better off after recruitment so far? Answer seems to be yes based on comparing careers to date. But there is no value added in lamenting the past and wishing players hadn't left because they have. 

How tall are you?

Just asking as everything seems to go over your head.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 hours ago, Emile said:

Will start muting people who keep talking about released players soon I think 

I agree!

On a serious note, I do think it's a basic reaction. Just like how the summers were always warmer, the sky was always more blue and there was always a white Christmas, when you were a child (when in fact, I've had 2 white Christmas' in Denmark, in my 42 years...). There's a name for it, just can't remember it. You hang on to the good memories and compare everything to them, because you don't know what the future holds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I agree!

On a serious note, I do think it's a basic reaction. Just like how the summers were always warmer, the sky was always more blue and there was always a white Christmas, when you were a child (when in fact, I've had 2 white Christmas' in Denmark, in my 42 years...). There's a name for it, just can't remember it. You hang on to the good memories and compare everything to them, because you don't know what the future holds.

Nostalgia comes to mind. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Proctor is the type of player that will really help both Rodney and Wilson. He'll occupy defenders, win headers and do the ugly things. Rodney offers raw pace and power and Wilson the bit of class, so between the three it's a good mix.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


30 minutes ago, Beech said:

 

Proctor is the type of player that will really help both Rodney and Wilson. He'll occupy defenders, win headers and do the ugly things. Rodney offers raw pace and power and Wilson the bit of class, so between the three it's a good mix.

They are current players, so until they’re released we can’t talk about them.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Personally i think we might be done for experienced strikers(that could change if Theo goes),as i have said before i think the next striker will be a young lad maybe one who was released from a club from an higher league

Oates was, for me, the best player in the NL last season. However, looking at his wider stats, last season seems like a one off; or is he on an upwards trajectory? Who knows? I wouldn't be disappointed to see him at VP that's for sure. Another player I'd love to see us take a punt on is Elliott Nevitt from Warrington Rylands: he's early twenties, a good build, but mobile, raw, and knows where the onion bag is. OK, he's was playing tier 6 (I think it was) last season but his performance in the FA Trophy final showed he could play higher - he was a handful and scored a well taken hat-trick. Players do make that jump and I know Vale, Crewe and Accrington have taken a look at him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Phil Smith said:

Oates was, for me, the best player in the NL last season. However, looking at his wider stats, last season seems like a one off; or is he on an upwards trajectory? Who knows? I wouldn't be disappointed to see him at VP that's for sure. Another player I'd love to see us take a punt on is Elliott Nevitt from Warrington Rylands: he's early twenties, a good build, but mobile, raw, and knows where the onion bag is. OK, he's was playing tier 6 (I think it was) last season but his performance in the FA Trophy final showed he could play higher - he was a handful and scored a well taken hat-trick. Players do make that jump and I know Vale, Crewe and Accrington have taken a look at him. 

The Vale were never in for Nevitt... he looks Tranmere bound

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


15 minutes ago, Phil Smith said:

Oates was, for me, the best player in the NL last season. However, looking at his wider stats, last season seems like a one off; or is he on an upwards trajectory? Who knows? I wouldn't be disappointed to see him at VP that's for sure. Another player I'd love to see us take a punt on is Elliott Nevitt from Warrington Rylands: he's early twenties, a good build, but mobile, raw, and knows where the onion bag is. OK, he's was playing tier 6 (I think it was) last season but his performance in the FA Trophy final showed he could play higher - he was a handful and scored a well taken hat-trick. Players do make that jump and I know Vale, Crewe and Accrington have taken a look at him. 

Oates is a classic example... if we had signed him last year (as we were supposedly rumoured to be) folk on here would have moaned their sacks off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Oates is a classic example... if we had signed him last year (as we were supposedly rumoured to be) folk on here would have moaned their sacks off.

Same if we had signed Mullin who then went on to score 30 plus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...