Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

21 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Doesn't really matter whether you used the word "some" "one" or "a thousand" you're still out of order calling any Vale fan feckless. What you mean is they have a different opinion to you - which is the point of having a forum. With his contribution diminishing, season by season, I'll be glad to see us stop playing Popeball! Currently, the transfer window is still open for a while. - let's see who comes in!

The point of having this forum is for communication amongst Vale fans and part of that is to put forward different opinions. 

I made a very reasoned case for Tom Pope getting another contract, there's absolutely nowt wrong with that. Philmpv and one or two other fans chose to reply with posts containing frivolous or disparaging remarks which I have challenged, again nothing wrong in that.

• Like 3

What we have to remember is to get promoted we need quality of Pope Hughes Dodds and Williamson 

Plus experience defenders and a top goal keeper

and a top flight manager 

this lot is not the same

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Joe B said:

It wasn't a 'race baiter', which you've made up and look daft in doing so.

The person just asked about WW3, which was a common meme at the start of 2020. He took it down a very questionable path, informed by conspiracy theory youtube videos (as he admitted at enquiry).

I think his twitter behaviour was relevant, as he was suspended for the start of the season and was unable to contribute. He'd been warned and failed to to heed his bosses' warnings. Its a sign of unprofessionalism. Availability is the best ability.

Regardless, he's gone now and I don't think we'll miss his three goals from last season. A club legend but let's look forward.

I'm suggesting it was a race baiter as how did the information get from Twitter to the FA, I doubt the FA monitor every footballer's tweets, someone most likely had an agenda and a motive.

However, you must know the person personally to make the statement "It wasn't a race baiter".

As far as I'm aware Tom Pope doesn't do Twitter anymore so reference to the past use of Twitter and suspensions are irrelevant in any message board discussion about a contract.

54 minutes ago, the valiant said:

Rhys Oats still not signed for Hartlepool 

Personally i think we might be done for experienced strikers(that could change if Theo goes),as i have said before i think the next striker will be a young lad maybe one who was released from a club from an higher league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

The point of having this forum is for communication amongst Vale fans and part of that is to put forward different opinions. 

I made a very reasoned case for Tom Pope getting another contract, there's absolutely nowt wrong with that. Philmpv and one or two other fans chose to reply with posts containing frivolous or disparaging remarks which I have challenged, again nothing wrong in that.

Yes - but you choose to disparage Vale fans who have a different opinion to you! You certainly made a case for retaining TP...but, again, i say nobody else seems to want him? 2 years ago and your post may have been appropriate...but facts show his influence and contributions are diminishing, season after season. Your style of arguing appears to be: state your opinion...and keep restating it despite there being clear evidence to the contrary. Carry on - I've finished now! 

Edited by LancyTony
Spelling
  • Like 3

It’s all coming together nicely, the majority of the squad signed for pre-season. Encouraging that Proctor couldn’t believe there were so many new players as he says there is already a really good bond & team spirit within the group. Just a couple more in and then the jigsaw is complete. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moz said:

...If we're after an option for one year, would Pope have been a better option? Maybe. We'll see... happy to give the lad a chance. Were it not for the surge of pro-DC sentiment on here and this 'trust the matrix' claptrap), I reckon this signing would be lampooned..

I reckon you're totally wrong. JP has scored almost 1 in 6 but, in his own words - and DCs - his main contribution is to bring other players into the game. Which is what we want, and, according to some, is TPs best attribute (other than his exceptional heading!). So, we are getting a 29 year old TP? Win win! 

• Like 2