Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

Advert:

I remember him playing against us once and he was a real handful. I can't remember who it was for but I thought he looked like a really useful target man.

Obviously his goals record hasn't been great recently, but that was for other clubs, and he's had a few loans so hopefully having a permanent home will help him!

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Advert:

See him as an improvement on Guthrie, which is fine for a fourth striker. If we're after an option for one year, would Pope have been a better option? Maybe. We'll see... happy to give the lad a chance. Were it not for the surge of pro-DC sentiment on here and this 'trust the matrix' claptrap), I reckon this signing would be lampooned. Hopefully this change in vibe will mean he get's a chance... lot's of decent strikers aren't prolific but do a good team job. Lee Glover was one I remember. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Moz said:

See him as an improvement on Guthrie, which is fine for a fourth striker. If we're after an option for one year, would Pope have been a better option? Maybe. We'll see... happy to give the lad a chance. Were it not for the surge of pro-DC sentiment on here and this 'trust the matrix' claptrap), I reckon this signing would be lampooned. Hopefully this change in vibe will mean he get's a chance... lot's of decent strikers aren't prolific but do a good team job. Lee Glover was one I remember. 

You would think Pope was actually holy, based on some peoples obsession with him 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Moz said:

I'm an improvement on Guthrie ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Moz said:

Probably a big difference in wage demands. Not to mention he’s 29 and pope is what 36? 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Probably a big difference in wage demands. Not to mention he’s 29 and pope is what 36? 

Agree on the wages side of things. I'm not sure we'll ever find out if Tom was offered a reduced deal. I don't buy the age thing so much. Every squad needs a balance. Just look at Ellison at Newport. Got them vital points (including against us) as they made the play offs. This lad isn't a bad signing, but I personally think Pope would have offered more over the year.

I think the comparison to Pope in terms of a younger version, is a lazy one. By the time Tom was 29 he'd got double figures 4 times (three times at League one level) and fired us to a promotion.  

• Like 1