Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Vale should resign Tom Pope, we could do a lot worse. Still as good a leader of the line in this division as there is and with a full pre-season under his belt could easily reach double figures for goals scored. 

No amount of training in pre season could bring Tom what he needs which is pace. Tom has been a great servant and I can see why some would say give him a go but as sad as it seems, his time as a Vale player is over. The crowd have never been on Pope's back but I reckon It could potentially end in disaster had he stayed for another year. All of our greatest servants had to finish at some point, let him go with dignity. As bizarre as it may seem I would love him to prove Clarke wrong but I'm  not so sure another league 2 club will come in for him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

To be fair though he’s right, Pope is still a good player for this level, not that I’m saying we should re sign him.

So good...no one seems to want him. I don’t think we can afford to offer Pope anything while week by week we are paying Robinson money to train with children. 

• Haha 1

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I would have liked to have seen Guthrie being given a chance. 

I agree , also Cullen and Theo weren't given as many opportunities as they deserved.

Pope Guthrie Cullen Theo , a dream quartet. 

Clarke lost plot 

• Haha 2

So that's 2 strikers who contributed a grand total of 4 goals last season combined being called for. Any advances? Cullen anyone? That would make 6

I was thinking the same myself , I love Tom Pope but his time is done

We need to move on
  • Like 2

Advert:

Latest rumour is Pope is signing for Kidsgrove Athletic, currently training at Congleton Town when hes not in the pub
Rumour mill is in full swing re Pope this summer. He's gone from having his choice of League 2 clubs, to Stockport, then the A-League, Salford, now Kidsgrove Athletic. I'm just waiting for the poster who claimed Pope would score 15+ still in the Bundesliga to pop up now linking him with Bayern or Dortmund!
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Who is the lad on the left? 🤔

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Broken link mate.

4 hours ago, mikey said:

Pierce Sweeney leaves Swindon after less than a month quoting relocation issues. Bristol bound maybe or going back to Exeter? 

Right sided attack minded defender, almost 200 games by 26. Could be what we need up against Gibbons?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

Latest rumour is Pope is signing for Kidsgrove Athletic, currently training at Congleton Town when hes not in the pub

Tom pope has done well in life and just come out of contract so if he wants to spend the summer in the pub then fair play to him 

Advert:

16 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

Tom pope has done well in life and just come out of contract so if he wants to spend the summer in the pub then fair play to him 

Not if he wants to continue playing professional football it isn't ?