Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

1 hour ago, Clayts said:

Thought there was some sort of agreement/settlement from Bradford though to finish his contract early, which meant we effectively had him part-subsidised? Could be wrong on that though. Either way, we should have enough in the budget there for a young un as well as a more recognised back-up.

Like the way Clarke talked about the smaller squad and is actually doing just that, quality over quantity.

Surely the settlement goes to Guthrie in that situation as Bradford have bought out the rest of his contract for a fee? Nothing to do with Vale, whatever Vale then chose to offer him is extra.  Guthrie may decide to take less wages as he's had a lump sum but it's up to him?  Could be talking rubbish but I'd imagine that's how it work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikey said:

Pierce Sweeney leaves Swindon after less than a month quoting relocation issues. Bristol bound maybe or going back to Exeter? 

He couldn’t really say he’s leaving because the clubs going down the pan.

• Haha 2

Advert:

Vale should resign Tom Pope, we could do a lot worse. Still as good a leader of the line in this division as there is and with a full pre-season under his belt could easily reach double figures for goals scored. 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2

Vale should resign Tom Pope, we could do a lot worse. Still as good a leader of the line in this division as there is and with a full pre-season under his belt could easily reach double figures for goals scored. 
I wondered how long this would take. I was betting start of August..... I'm absolutely certain he'll get at least 20 for Vale next season if he doesn't re-sign
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

I wondered how long this would take. I was betting start of August.....

To be fair though he’s right, Pope is still a good player for this level, not that I’m saying we should re sign him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

No amount of training in pre season could bring Tom what he needs which is pace. Tom has been a great servant and I can see why some would say give him a go but as sad as it seems, his time as a Vale player is over. The crowd have never been on Pope's back but I reckon It could potentially end in disaster had he stayed for another year. All of our greatest servants had to finish at some point, let him go with dignity. As bizarre as it may seem I would love him to prove Clarke wrong but I'm  not so sure another league 2 club will come in for him. 

• Like 1

Advert:

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

To be fair though he’s right, Pope is still a good player for this level, not that I’m saying we should re sign him.

So good...no one seems to want him. I don’t think we can afford to offer Pope anything while week by week we are paying Robinson money to train with children. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I would have liked to have seen Guthrie being given a chance. 

I agree , also Cullen and Theo weren't given as many opportunities as they deserved.

Pope Guthrie Cullen Theo , a dream quartet. 

Clarke lost plot 

• Haha 2

Advert: