Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

3 hours ago, mikey said:

M,sboro and Hull are after Mullin, so I think we can cross that one off the list

Should never have been on anybody's list!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

The fact that Benning is only on a 12 month contract, is that his choosing or ours.?

If I had to bet I’d definitely say he has chosen that, not Vale. Why wouldn’t we get a good calibre player like that signed up for longer once he’s agreed to sign. We are risking going up without potentially a star player (forward planning), and it makes sense for him to sign a 1 year. If we do a Mansfield, he can say soz boys should have been in L1 last year, I’m deffo going now, but he can easily resign if he wants to.

If Mullen scores more than 15 in a season again I’ll eat my hat. And it’s a hard hat that I did sewer work in, so I’m pretty confident.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

Still active so far as I can see. PFA were kicking off about it. Can't see any reports confirming that it's been removed 

No, nor can I so - if it's true - that means we have room for one more signing unless things change. In April the PFA threatened to launch a legal challenge to the squad size rule but that too has gone quiet. It would be helpful to know the latest position, if anyone knows!

1 hour ago, Phil Smith said:

However, there were rumours a number of weeks ago, and I stress these are uncorroborated rumours, that Salford might take a punt on Popey on a one year ticket!!!

With a tight home pitch I could see that working out for both parties

i really do think that we’ll

be playing 3 at the back this season. i don’t think clarke would’ve got all these cm’s and played 442. i think it worked for us last season. it made us solid and we over ran teams in midfield with an extra man supporting up top. i just can’t wait to be back at the vale and see what new signings come in next. i predict 2 more strikers and possibly another winger/wingback 

• Like 3

conlon walker pett 

garrity (?)

burgess whitehead 

6 CMs and 3 wingers, one of which is Hurst who I personally wouldn't play

we need more wingers