Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Clayts said:

Suspect Benning's entry will soon say something similar, but with the addition of 'securing a record 110 points in the process'... 😄

Oddschecker saying 20/1 if anyone fancies taking some money off the Coates family...

It's been a good day!

Do not have a bet365 account on principle and the thought of any money from PVFC fans, going to them, chills me to the bone

Edited by Playa Amodores

18/1 on Sky Bet, think I will have a fiver on tonight before we make any more quality signings.  I can't believe that they have the likes of Carlisle, Swindon and Orient at shorter odds than us.

18/1 on Sky Bet, think I will have a fiver on tonight before we make any more quality signings.  I can't believe that they have the likes of Carlisle, Swindon and Orient at shorter odds than us.
To be fair, Swindon are guaranteed at least 3 points off us
  • Like 1

So Tshimango is off to Bolton shame really the lad is out of contract and turns 24 on July 22nd I think it is and could therefore been signed on a free....could have been a canny bit of business......anyway hopefully the matrix has a couple of top strikers lined up and the Andrade rumours are true which just leaves a right back and for balance a right side centre back as the final five signings.

• Like 1

Tom Pett is a great signing, admired him at Stevenage for years. A great pro, who is just the midfielder we need. 

Aside from the goalkeepers, which I am not quite so confident about, the rest show strength in depth of a squad that I genuinely cannot remember since we left the Championship. 

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

When's the stampede for our released players going to start? emoji28.png

Luke Joyce has  made the big step up...that some predicted...to AFC Fylde! Pleased he's fixed up, though!!

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Probably really wants to play at an higher level and had offers but he’s decided to give us a year to see if he can achieve that here if not he will try his luck elsewhere. Another good signing. A forward now please. And a decent one and the squad is taking shape rather nicely. 

I think you're spot on. 

What an amazing three days this has been for signings. If the rest of L2 didn't already know we mean business, they know now. It's shaping up to be a fine, well-balanced, competitive squad.

One of the best things about it is going through the various permutations of our starting line-up and then finally realising that Dazzer's permutations will keep us all guessing. I'll bet the new lads are coming knowing that they are bound to get their chance at some stage and be able to make their mark. How many seasons have we had that to look forward to?

And of course, the icing on the cake is going to be when we knock the Lardies out of the FA Cup at their place, with ex-Stokie Tom Conlon scoring the winner. Legend! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffers said:

Maybe the Rampant Zebra was an Ass on steroids after all, amazing what a couple of black & white stripes can do for you.

Certainly an ass!

If anyone on here isnt impressed with our summer business so far after today then seriously need to give your head a wobble. I cannot wait for the season to start now genuinely think weve got a team of capable pf winning the league never mind getting promoted 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So Tshimango is off to Bolton shame really the lad is out of contract and turns 24 on July 22nd I think it is and could therefore been signed on a free....could have been a canny bit of business......anyway hopefully the matrix has a couple of top strikers lined up and the Andrade rumours are true which just leaves a right back and for balance a right side centre back as the final five signings.

I really think 4 CB’s is adequate. I’d rather put the remaining budget to another goalscorer.

We don't have any left footed wingers at the minute.

I don't know why he left Colchester, but someone I've always liked is Callum Harriot who would fit the bill.

27 year old winger with 9 goals in 36 games last season in L2. 

He's a real flair player with a touch of Myrie-Williams about him.

• Like 3