Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Advert:

17 minutes ago, robf said:

Someone's been busy on Wikipedia 😉

405464808_Screenshot2021-06-28161058.thumb.jpg.2d585f0a0f4f11fdcddd4cadbe57a0f1.jpg

Suspect Benning's entry will soon say something similar, but with the addition of 'securing a record 110 points in the process'... 😄

Oddschecker saying 20/1 if anyone fancies taking some money off the Coates family...

It's been a good day!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, robf said:

@valeparklife True, even with the three transfer listed players, the squad size right now is only 22.

Last season it was 25 (by my rough calculations) at the start of the season and then quickly went up to 27 with the additions of McKirdy and Clark shortly after the start of the season.

So, we're still five down on last season's numbers. If we manage to get rid of any of the three on the list, then there's even more of a gap.

Lets not forget i think we will bring a couple of u21 in to nurture as well 

• Like 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Mario said:

I'm worried about Rampant Zebra has he got back from the vets ?

I guess he is just trying to work out some sort of negative spin on our latest 2 new recruits........it must be getting harder for him(like Mellors will be if we sign Andrade 🙂 )

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just seen some of Benning's goals for Mansfield, looks like he fair strike on him, some great goals on youtube.  What a great signing and also Pett as well, fantastic business done today, can't wait for the season to start now.  What a difference to be signing players that clubs wished they had been able to keep.

• Like 2

I'd say we've now got a first 17 as strong as we could realistically get in this league. Add a quality LW then I'd, personally, fill the rest of the squad with really promising but raw u21s released from PL or Championship academies with a couple from our own. Nothing to lose from this with our first 18 and, who knows, we may just unearth a gem. Just filling the rest of the squad with senior players who know they're coming as backup won't do anyone any favours imho

Advert:

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'd say we've now got a first 17 as strong as we could realistically get in this league. Add a quality LW then I'd, personally, fill the rest of the squad with really promising but raw u21s released from PL or Championship academies with a couple from our own. Nothing to lose from this with our first 18 and, who knows, we may just unearth a gem. Just filling the rest of the squad with senior players who know they're coming as backup won't do anyone any favours imho

Do you think a re-invented Amoo fits the bill for LW ?

Clarke surprisingly kept him despite him barely playing under him. I'm sure he might have a part to play still ? 

Got be a reason he was kept in the May Cull 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

When the signings started to come in a couple of weeks ago I said that it was new territory for Vale in the  21st Century that we were signing players that teams in our league were envious that they hadn't signed for them or wish they had stayed.

The Benning signing is a huge indicator that the club can attract players who could play in the league above and he in particular is willing to stay in League 2 for one more season because he believes promotion is very viable. 12 months in any footballer's career is a big chunk and location will have played a part and pay etc and we don't know what terms were on offer but the fact that he has turned his back on League 1 football is pretty huge, especially as there is no guarantee he will gain that interest next season. 12 months is a long time in football, anything can happen. Again, I'm speculating against what else was on the table.

I'm feeling positive that we are on the right track and that the club has never been this well organised before. Whether that will carry on to the pitch, we will have to wait and see. But we've wanted and needed this for years, deep searches on attributes and playing style, height, age, adaptability and a manager that has done this rebuild before.

What's really important is we stop the pessimism until the results on the pitch curtail our optimism. We owe that to Clarke given the faith that previous managers have had that didn't deserve it.

It feels like a very clear roadmap has been drawn and we need to get behind this new and exciting team until they give us a reason not to.

Up the Vale!

This is spot on

• Like 2

Advert:

Do you think a re-invented Amoo fits the bill for LW ?
Clarke surprisingly kept him despite him barely playing under him. I'm sure he might have a part to play still ? 
Got be a reason he was kept in the May Cull 
For me personally no. Yes he can play with both feet and on his day can win a game on his own. Problem for me is that his day only happens at most twice a season.

To think only a week ago some on here were absolutely panic stricken and accusing DF and DC of having no plan and a dick swinging cull of players to boost their own egos! Others were convinced we would have no GK come the start of the season!

• Haha 4