Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Either Carol is really splashing the cash, or a lot of those we've released were on a lot more money than they should have been

I have said all along that we have no issue at all with money and have an excellent budget,i would just like to see a decent wide man and striker in next and that should start to bump up season tickets as well again 

• Like 4

If we don't sign another striker that goes into the starting 11 then the manager must have total belief in himself to get the best out of Wilson. At the moment you would worry about goals if him or Rodney get injured early on, especially the latter.

Edited by Beech

That's ten new signings so far. Just another four needed to beat Bruno's "unlucky" 13 signed in the summer of 2016.

p.s. I don't think there's much comparison between Messrs MBamba, Mac-Intosch and the like and this summer's incomings!

12 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Either Carol is really splashing the cash, or a lot of those we've released were on a lot more money than they should have been

I just think it's more of a case of quality over quantity (finally!). 

For years managers kept saying "quality over quantity" then having a bloated 35 man squad of average dossers.

Take the wages of 3 dossers and you have 1 quality player.

• Like 3

@valeparklife True, even with the three transfer listed players, the squad size right now is only 22.

Last season it was 25 (by my rough calculations) at the start of the season and then quickly went up to 27 with the additions of McKirdy and Clark shortly after the start of the season.

So, we're still five down on last season's numbers. If we manage to get rid of any of the three on the list, then there's even more of a gap.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

By my reckoning, all of the "rumoured" targets have signed now.

Benning and Andrade have been tentatively linked but not as much as Johnson/Jones/Wilson etc were.

Hopefully get some nice surprises over the coming weeks!

benning and pett! thats not a bad days work.😄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robf said:

Someone's been busy on Wikipedia 😉

405464808_Screenshot2021-06-28161058.thumb.jpg.2d585f0a0f4f11fdcddd4cadbe57a0f1.jpg

Suspect Benning's entry will soon say something similar, but with the addition of 'securing a record 110 points in the process'... 😄

Oddschecker saying 20/1 if anyone fancies taking some money off the Coates family...

It's been a good day!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, robf said:

@valeparklife True, even with the three transfer listed players, the squad size right now is only 22.

Last season it was 25 (by my rough calculations) at the start of the season and then quickly went up to 27 with the additions of McKirdy and Clark shortly after the start of the season.

So, we're still five down on last season's numbers. If we manage to get rid of any of the three on the list, then there's even more of a gap.

Lets not forget i think we will bring a couple of u21 in to nurture as well 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mario said:

I'm worried about Rampant Zebra has he got back from the vets ?

I guess he is just trying to work out some sort of negative spin on our latest 2 new recruits........it must be getting harder for him(like Mellors will be if we sign Andrade 🙂 )

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just seen some of Benning's goals for Mansfield, looks like he fair strike on him, some great goals on youtube.  What a great signing and also Pett as well, fantastic business done today, can't wait for the season to start now.  What a difference to be signing players that clubs wished they had been able to keep.

• Like 2

I'd say we've now got a first 17 as strong as we could realistically get in this league. Add a quality LW then I'd, personally, fill the rest of the squad with really promising but raw u21s released from PL or Championship academies with a couple from our own. Nothing to lose from this with our first 18 and, who knows, we may just unearth a gem. Just filling the rest of the squad with senior players who know they're coming as backup won't do anyone any favours imho