onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

50 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Never mind a ' better ' club has anyone signed for any club other than Montano. 

Struggling to think of one 

I'm not counting Brown as he's back up and coach 

There hasn't been a queue for them, that's for sure!!

Advert

Hi

i'm a brazilian fan of port vale

I am happy that we now have a Brazilian goalkeeper, and he is from the same city where I was born here in Brazil

he played for the club in my city when he was 20 years old and then for bigger clubs like Vasco da Gama, then he was loaned out to fourth division clubs in Brazil

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Soccerbase. 

Soccerbase is great for the Football League and pretty accurate for the National League. But for the National League North/South it's just random, incomplete data

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Has anyone we released gone and signed for a 'better' club? Have any actually been signed? They've hardly got L2 clubs queuing up to sign them!

I agree with your point, although not strictly true. I know at least Joyce and Pope have quite a bit of interest from teams in L2. If they can get the same salary and importance as with us will be open for negotiation as Browny discovered.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Fair play but I guess he did get the two red cards?

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/sport/ebbsfleet-v-whitehawk-100818/

"But then came a moment of real controversy at the other end.

Covolan claimed a cross from the Fleet right but then jumped into Deering, knocking the little midfielder to the floor. Referee Alan Dale pointed to the penalty spot and, after a moment's deliberation, sent the goalkeeper off."

Can't find the match report of the other game but fair enough, seems he probably got two red cards in a season. At least one of them seems like a controversial one.

9 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

He does seem to me like a competitive back up. Let’s just put it this way, if it was a choice between him and Brown, Brown would get the nod. 

Why release a guy of Brown’s standard for someone who is promising but a bit of a gamble?

You’d like to think the nailed on first choice would be a safe pair of hands who has done well in the FL. 

Agree, I was hoping Vale would sign a L1/L2 proven keeper as goalkeeper is not a position to take a gamble with, I remember the 3 keepers we had between the sticks in the 2nd half of the 2016/17 season after Jak Alnwick left, it was scary and one of those was unproven with a Championship club.

An uncertain keeper breeds/transmits uncertainty throughout the whole team. Better strategy would have been to keep Brown for another year as mentor/cover and bring this guy in as well.

Fingers crossed he does really well.

What had Alnwick done before he came here?

Agree, I was hoping Vale would sign a L1/L2 proven keeper as goalkeeper is not a position to take a gamble with, I remember the 3 keepers we had between the sticks in the 2nd half of the 2016/17 season after Jak Alnwick left, it was scary and one of those was unproven with a Championship club.
An uncertain keeper breeds/transmits uncertainty throughout the whole team. Better strategy would have been to keep Brown for another year as mentor/cover and bring this guy in as well.
Fingers crossed he does really well.

Archived