Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

21 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I suspect that the lack of signings or rumours is causing project drift...

I suspect you haven't a clue? Lack of signings means we haven't made any! Lack of rumours simply means that signing the likes of Vigoroux...who was only ever a rumour...doesn't mean it's true! Project drift???...WTF are you smoking?

• Like 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Does anyone know anything about Ben Garrity? What kind of a midfielder is he?

From Wiki: "Garrity is an attacking box-to-box midfielder with good energy and fitness levels.[30] He has a strong aerial presence, scoring many of his goals from headers."

The heading thing is a pretty unusual trait for a midfielder.

Think we'll be up there in the distance covered charts next season

• Like 2

Advert:

48 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

That doesn’t mean he didn’t turn down other clubs. He was out of contract, so I’d imagine various clubs had been pursuing him for a while. 

We had signed him a few weeks back from what i heard were just waiting for his season to finish to announce it

I'm still in shock.We announced a signing at a weekend AND on a Sunday!!!!

One things for sure our recruitment has been very considered and follows a clear path with players to develop. It looks like the defence is all done and dusted now. Now for some help up front.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

I'm still in shock.We announced a signing at a weekend AND on a Sunday!!!!

One things for sure our recruitment has been very considered and follows a clear path with players to develop. It looks like the defence is all done and dusted now. Now for some help up front.

Still think we will need some proper cover at right back… smudge could cover at a push but I reckon we will bring someone in for that role.

Don’t know if there’s anything in this but, my daughter works in a super market where a lot of the Vale players shop.

she asked me yesterday if we have a player called Joshua or Josh.

i couldn’t think of one currently at the club.

Advert:

40 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

We had signed him a few weeks back from what i heard were just waiting for his season to finish to announce it

I fully understand what you’re saying, and I heard the same a few weeks back. 

I’ll say it again - just because we signed him a few weeks back doesn’t mean other clubs weren’t sniffing around him.

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Still think we will need some proper cover at right back… smudge could cover at a push but I reckon we will bring someone in for that role.

I'm not so sure on the FB's. Smudge can slot in RB, he did a great job there in the past filling in for Gibbo and I think Johnson will cover Jones at LB and push. To me it seems a waste of a wage when we have the versatility in the back line or the players to play in a back 3. I would be looking for DM cover, 1st choice LW, target man plus another striker, then see where we are and what's available.

15 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Don’t know if there’s anything in this but, my daughter works in a super market where a lot of the Vale players shop.

she asked me yesterday if we have a player called Joshua or Josh.

i couldn’t think of one currently at the club.

Could be Anthony? Right kind of size to fit ‘The Matrix’ and would give us more punch up front👍