• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

59 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Good spot.m

News broken before we have officially announced it then!

59 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Good spot.

News broken before we have officially announced it then!

another success for the media team!🙄:board::drink:

I wouldn't be shocked if we start with Martin and Johnson at centre half this season. There is a rising trend in manager utilising left-footed centre backs to help with build up play, and Clarke clearly brings this up in his comments RE Johnson

As we stand, I feel we're still two FBs, a winger, and two forwards short. I think the only 'starting' berth up for grabs is left wing. A right-back is fundamental as Gibbons is going to be behind schedule in terms of pre-season.

I would predict we line up as follows:

Covalan

Gibbons Martin Johnson Jones

Worrall Conlon Walker New LW

Rodney Wilson

With the likes of Smith, Legge, Amoo, Taylor, and Garrity in reserve. I think the option of playing with wingbacks will be there for tougher games/games where we want to match what the opposition are doing.  

Edited by Joe B

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we start with Martin and Johnson at centre half this season. There is a rising trend in manager utilising left-footed centre backs to help with build up play, and Clarke clearly brings this up in his comments RE Johnson

As we stand, I feel we're still two FBs, a winger, and two forwards short. I think the only 'starting' berth up for grabs is left wing. A right-back is fundamental as Gibbons is going to be behind schedule in terms of pre-season.

Covalan

Rodney Wilson

With the likes of Smith, Legge, Amoo, Taylor, and Garrity in reserve. I think the option of playing with wingbacks will be there for tougher games/games where we want to match what the opposition are doing.  

No way smith doesn't start 

• Like 3

Advert:

16 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Covalan

Rodney Wilson

I think Smith will start

Advert:

59 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Vale have now announced Johnson, initial 2 year deal.

Am bemused by this signing to be honest. Am wondering whether DC sees him as one to develop? Having seen a fair bit of Hartlepool on TV last season he didn't impress me one iota: in fact few Hartlepool players did apart from Oates. In the games I saw, Johnson was ponderous, easily and often pulled out of position, and prone to clumsy cautionable challenges in key positions, due to his positioning! That said, welcome Ryan and I hope you have a great career at Vale. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Covalan

Rodney Wilson

Great post that be my team also UTV 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Smith said:

Am bemused by this signing to be honest. Am wondering whether DC sees him as one to develop? Having seen a fair bit of Hartlepool on TV last season he didn't impress me one iota: in fact few Hartlepool players did apart from Oates. In the games I saw, Johnson was ponderous, easily and often pulled out of position, and prone to clumsy cautionable challenges in key positions, due to his positioning! That said, welcome Ryan and I hope you have a great career at Vale. 

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I know for a fact we beat quite a few EFL clubs for his signature. Hartlepool fans are very complimentary about Johnson, so I’ll take their word alongside Clarke and Flitcroft’s judgement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

9 minutes ago, joker1968 said:

Gibbo probably won't be ready for the start of the season so Smith will cover if we don't sign a new RB,either way i think Smith has every chance of being one of the starting centre halves.

I’d like to think we will sign a back up RB, can’t go into the sign with just the 1 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Do you ever have anything positive to say? I know for a fact we beat quite a few EFL clubs for his signature. Hartlepool fans are very complimentary about Johnson, so I’ll take their word alongside Clarke and Flitcroft’s judgement. 

What other clubs do you think were after him?