Doha

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why does that suprise you?

Most managers seem to do that ?

I can give two terrible examples 

Kingsley James 

Danny Whitehead 

Many managers go for tried and trusted players and DC has done it before. 

I think that's why he's surprised and so am I 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Most managers seem to do that ?

I can give two terrible examples 

Kingsley James 

Danny Whitehead 

Many managers go for tried and trusted players and DC has done it before. 

I think that's why he's surprised and so am I 

I know that most managers try to sign players they know and have had before, I suspect there are a limited number who would want to play for him again.

• Confused 1

Advert:

I dont think any apart from maybe wilson have been budget breakers but is that the way to go or not? I am quite happy to build a squad without breaking the bank for someone,we paid a fee for Garrity but that wont of been a lot tbf.
Could some of the budget be being kept incase we pay off the 3 amigos or pay a fee for another target? maybe even to give a go in January if we are up there
For me i think we will still bring in 2 forwards,competition at LB/RB(maybe one player),a couple of wide players maybe then there will still be a couple of places to spare there but we have to remember that some will be younger lads to try and nurture.
I was merely going back to your point about the next few weeks potentially being interesting, not suggesting that we break the budget.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Not at all. Just based on observation. Would you want to work for a manager who came in and said "everyone has a clean slate" to get you to perform and then releases you after you have saved his job for him by avoiding relegation?

I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought we would be looking to re sign any of the players we just released. 

Edited by WV
  • Like 2

Advert:

Not at all. Just based on observation. Would you want to work for a manager who came in and said "everyone has a clean slate" to get you to perform and then releases you after you have saved his job for him by avoiding relegation?

Look at Clarke’s career there’s a few players that tend to follow him not bad considering he’s such a bad man.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I’d argue he did give them a clean slate. Let’s not forget the likes of Theo were unregistered and completely out in the cold but DC brought him back into the squad and he was the first choice striker by the end. It’s just good management, something we have lacked for a while.

Players at other clubs won’t care about that either, all they’re interested in is getting the best contract they can and whether the club is being built to win.

When more subtle fishing techniques fail, the frustrated angler will resort to lobby dynamite in the lake.

Nice to see us all talking about football , remember the days we were all campaigning to get the awful V2001 out of the club , the owners who almost took us out of existence , I believe RZ was around on this forum then to
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert: