Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's another keeper I believe...

Interesting..we will know if the Conovolan is our true no.1 to end this weeks debate 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Covalan  has been a regular in one of the top teams in the National league. One league below us, what is the problem. Go for it Lucas.

I think some still see the National league as though it's the city traders...... wow i am just so glad social media wasn't around when we signed Andy Jones from Rhyl or Ian Taylor and stewart talbot from Moor Green...... some fans would self combust

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 5

I think some still see the National league as though it's the city traders...... wow i am just so glad social media wasn't around when we signed Andy Jones from Rhyl or Ian Taylor from Moor Green...... some fans would self combust
League Two and the National league ade not so different now. Most are professional and there is more cash down there.
  • Like 2

Just now, werstayinup said:

I think some still see the National league as though it's the city traders...... wow i am just so glad social media wasn't around when we signed Andy Jones from Rhyl or Ian Taylor from Moor Green...... some fans would self combust

Disagree. How many players have we signed from there recently that have actually been any good? Hannant? Can’t think of anyone other than him recently. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe there isn’t a recognised number 1 at this point.  It’s between the 2 keepers to compete for the first team spot.  Not a bad thing.

Edit: provided both are of the required standard.

Edited by Guitar Ray
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Interesting signing that.

Stone played 21 times last season for Mansfield in L2.

I'm still not sure who the #1 will be!

Obviously Covolan, as Stone is wearing a sweatshirt rather than the regulation first team signings' plain round-neck t-shirt.

That and the fact his is a 1-year deal with option, rather than 2 years like Covolan.

Either way, young but with some experience at our level, so perfect signing to both develop and provide healthy competition.

Welcome Aidan, and well done again DC and DF.

Edited by Clayts
  • Like 1