Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

10 hours ago, philmpv said:

What had Alnwick done before he came here?

Nothing pre-Vale but Alnwick came to Vale as back-up to Chris Neale. When Chris Neale got injured Alnwick took his chance superbly and Chris Neale couldn't get back into the team and was subsequently let go in favor of Alnwick. So Alnwick showed what he could do in a Vale shirt and if he hadn't have worked out then Chris Neale would have stepped back in.

Goalkeeper is such an important position that Covolan is more of a risk than I thought DC/DF would take with a 1st choice keeper. I, like all Vale fans hope he's Allison Ramses Becker version 2.0.

• Like 2

What makes you think I am on a wind up. I would have liked a keeper who has consistently played 40 games a season at any level.
For a keeper to play 40 plus games a year would infer that the back up goalkeeper could not be risked, at a club with 2 good keepers the games are usually shared.
  • Like 1

Seems like Salford is the place where good lower league players form dies. If we could get his form from before Salford, then it'd be a brilliant signing. I remember him tearing us apart for Lincoln.

Edited by Mellor!
  • Like 1

He was absolutely unplayable at Lincoln… their fans shocked at what’s happened to him since he went to Salford for the reported £5k a week.

Get the Lincoln version… one of the best in the division.

Get the Salford version he’s be ok.

I wouldn’t pay £5k a week for either.

• Like 3

I think there is more concern over Covolon because he is our only goalkeeper as things stand.

I don't want to second guess the recruitment team but I'd imagine we'll sign a younger goalkeeper aged maybe around 22-25, who has maybe 10 / 20 or so appearances at League Two level. Basically someone to push Covolon for a first-team place, or to step in and do a reasonable enough job for a short run of games in case of injury or suspension.

Perhaps we'll go for a loanee for the position.

Basically at the moment if Covolon doesn't work out then we're looking at an empty spot on the bench to save us. I think we'd feel more relaxed if that spot was filled with someone with proven competence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An (on form) attack of 

Worrall                             Andrade
              Wilson  Rodney

with Amoo now and then when he decides he's going to show some interest this week is potentially a very, very exciting forward line at this farmers league level. Particularly if Jake Taylor can recapture his previous success in the #10 role, and if Walker can be a better Joyce/Oyeleke for us and give Conlon some space and freedom to find a searching through ball to the pace to burn up front. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

He was absolutely unplayable at Lincoln… their fans shocked at what’s happened to him since he went to Salford for the reported £5k a week.

Get the Lincoln version… one of the best in the division.

Get the Salford version he’s be ok.

I wouldn’t pay £5k a week for either.

He wouldn't be getting 5k here,so lets see if he is about the money or not(That's if the rumour is true)

I agree when he has played against us i remember him being pacy and tricky,another one who has lost his way since going Salford,nice to be linked with this type of player even if it is only a rumour

• Like 1