onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

27 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I wonder whether Eisa is the type of player we are even considering.

DC wants a team of tough, big, hard running, die for the cause, 'orrible barstewards.

I have seen and read comments about Eisa being a bit of a luxury, smash him in the first 5 mins and he can often go missing in games. He isnt going to be putting in the KM defensively, tracking back and holding shape. 

Plymouth fans say that Adams likes to have a very boring defensive set up with one or two maximum, flair players that try and nick a goal.... Eisa will be one of them.

Possibly so. I do think we do need some pace in the side as Rodney aside we don’t have too much. Would have been a step on amoo who I think is a similar luxury player. All for having a team of hard workers but out wide I do think we still need some quality flair players 

Advert

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I wonder whether Eisa is the type of player we are even considering.

DC wants a team of tough, big, hard running, die for the cause, 'orrible barstewards.

I have seen and read comments about Eisa being a bit of a luxury, smash him in the first 5 mins and he can often go missing in games. He isnt going to be putting in the KM defensively, tracking back and holding shape. 

Plymouth fans say that Adams likes to have a very boring defensive set up with one or two maximum, flair players that try and nick a goal.... Eisa will be one of them.

The trouble with having a team of 'workers' and 'good pros' is it only gets you so far. To unlock those games where the opposition sit 10 men behind the ball we need some flair and creativity.

Aspin and Askey went for the 'workers' and 'good pros' types and look what happened!

A good blend is important this time round (surely we will get it right sooner or later?!)

Hi folks, 

I noticed we went off on a bit of a tangent with the iFollow discussion (myself included). It's not relevant to the rumours/signing thread.

I'm going to try and move those posts out into a separate thread. I've never done the "split" function before so hopefully it will work!

However, if you wonder where those posts have gone - the answer is - into their own thread.

Edit: Wow, it actually worked perfectly. iFollow comments are now in this thread - 

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

The trouble with having a team of 'workers' and 'good pros' is it only gets you so far. To unlock those games where the opposition sit 10 men behind the ball we need some flair and creativity.

Aspin and Askey went for the 'workers' and 'good pros' types and look what happened!

A good blend is important this time round (surely we will get it right sooner or later?!)

There is a clear difference between what DC is going after and what Askey had.

I get the point on having someone to unlock teams… but I think that is also just a fans preference because it’s exciting. It’s equally exciting watching a bunch of 6 foot hard cases charge up and down and out lower people in my book. Get into em.

I do want to see a few players that can play football rather than just kick lumps out of the opposition. Players like Conlon and Worrall that gets fans off their seat. A mix is needed and I think in CB and CDM the kind of players already signed are exactly what we’re needed. However at the top of the pitch we need quality rather than workhorses. Players that can unlock a side with pace and skill. 

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I do want to see a few players that can play football rather than just kick lumps out of the opposition. Players like Conlon and Worrall that gets fans off their seat. A mix is needed and I think in CB and CDM the kind of players already signed are exactly what we’re needed. However at the top of the pitch we need quality rather than workhorses. Players that can unlock a side with pace and skill. 

Rodney and Wilson fit they bill don’t they?

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Rodney and Wilson fit they bill don’t they?

Yeah, sub forwards and wingers as well need to fit that mould and also an attacking midfielder. I’ve mentioned previously Im not convinced by Wilson so I’d like another two forwards to come in, one proven at this level and one chancer / loan from a premiership or championship side. 

Someone had a moan about this saying that there was no-one in the pipeline to replace Brown. Dan Townley’s response was that they weren’t saying there was no-one in the pipeline - just not today….

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

Cue inevitable meltdown on OVF

Although I agree there is no need for a meltdown due to lack of signings today, I do think the vale are missing a huge opportunity on communications…. It used to be so slick under Max with content, interaction and videos that kept the fans engaged.

Bradford today have released videos of Eisa highlights and are engaging with their fans… we had one video of one Brad Walker goal and that was it, nothing for the other signings.

There was one short interview with Garrity, and then that’s it, nothing from the other players.

Is this a missed opportunity? We are supposed to be whipping up the fan base, increasing engagement and it’s feels a little like we are going backwards.

We are trying to sell season tickets and build the excitement around the club. Carol deserves it.

I feel like we are missing a trick.

To be very clear, I’m not ranting about:

1. A lack of signings - they will come

2. The official Twitter feed not quite reading the room around closed season… when fans hear “its going to be a busy week” in a transfer window, their minds go to one place and one place only. It leads to disappointment when it means something else - the new guy will learn the ropes and I’m sure this will improve, but a lesson learnt maybe

3. Martin Tideswell dismissing people’s frustration at the lack of clear engagement by simple saying “Dunna Mither” - I’m sure it’s done with good intentions

Archived