Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

He kept talking/shouting at the penalty takers before they took the kick! 

4 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Yeah I watched it. I actually thought "what a <ovf censored>" during the shootout 😅

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Heard the same I have. Class shlthousing after saving two pens. Rent free in Hartlepool fans heads I'm reading.

This is a world class signing imo.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Be told he was up to some right disgraceful, sh!thousery antics in the shootout? Any confirmation from those who watched? Really hope so.

Yeah, he seems like a proper character. Some one you love on your team and hate on the other. I watched this about him a bit a go and he seems a good lad.

Edited by Mellor!

Advert:

I've got an unusual tale about him from Sunday night. Surreal but 100% true.

My work colleague big lardie happens to be in Torquay on holiday for a week.

He rang me at 23.40 pm on Sunday night in a drunken ramble.

The Torquay keeper had his full tracksuit on and was cradling a tiny dog possibly a Chihuaha he had found in the road. He asked my mate and his wife if they knew what to do with the dog. As my mate is from our area he hadn't a clue, nor would the copious amount of alcohol helped.

The keeper was last seen wandering off with this tiny dog.

100% true story. 

He'll be laughing his head off my mate will if we do sign him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Hmmm id take him as back up but not our number 1. With us releasing brown I was expecting a quality proven keeper to sign. Someone like king who surely can’t be out of our range! 

With regards to King , he was in effect the Newport reserve keeper last season, only making a handful of appearances and not getting a place in the side until late March

We played them on March 16th and he was sub to Townsend. 

I'm intrigued why he's high on people's wish list. 

I'm not for a minute suggesting he isn't decent but he certainly isn't the experienced player many covet. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Why? Forced himself as first choice keeper at Torquay who finished 3rd in the league below. It's not a big step from there, especially as he was one of their best players lately, including im the play-off final. Torquay fans love him.

Personally I'd be apprehensive about having a keeper without experience in the Football League.

It's too important of a position not to get 100% correct.

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Yeah, he seems like a proper character. Some one you love on your team and hate on the other. I watched this about him a bit a go and he seems a good lad.

Seems a character.  Watch this space to see if he is coming to the Vale.  Nature - well we have Westport Lake and some strange creatures in the cities after 2100hrs. 

Just seen.  Welcome to Vale Park.

Edited by PVFC764

Good signing any keeper that fans in near division are sad to lose is a good signing in my opinion as goalkeeping is goalkeeping i believe it is easier to make the step up in leagues being a goalkeeper than any other position, they say hes a good shot stopper, comands area and is good with his feet, whether he is number 1 or 2 im happy with this signing and atleast will shut up a couple of people about the desperate need to sign a goalkeeper now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

he players only "needed to go" if we subsequently get better ones to replace them. We'll see.

Good enough or not the 1st team needed a revamp and refresh.

Advert:

DC’s comments on the official site - reading between the lines there’ll be less of a difference in ability between the two keepers to perhaps create some competition?
“Lucas had a very good season with Torquay and has earned his right to move up the ladder. He is hungry to prove he’s a league-level player and we feel he has all the attributes to succeed at this level.”

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Good signing any keeper that fans in near division are sad to lose is a good signing in my opinion as goalkeeping is goalkeeping i believe it is easier to make the step up in leagues being a goalkeeper than any other position, they say hes a good shot stopper, comands area and is good with his feet, whether he is number 1 or 2 im happy with this signing and atleast will shut up a couple of people about the desperate need to sign a goalkeeper now

Exactly this. The differences between a League 2 keeper and even some in the Premier is just the finer edges.

A league 2 outfield player will be miles behind ability wise but not a keeper.

• Like 1