Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

4 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I would imagine (hope) it includes players we've signed but not announced yet.

I agree with you there Mellor considering we have no keepers

I believe others have agreed to sign but for whatever reason not been announced yet,then it will be about squad players and young players to develop

5 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Would Bodin even consider us after the way his dad was treated?
Whilst we know we have new owners and are a different club I'm not sure players think like that.

You would hope that if we were interested then what happened under a previous regime wouldn't affect anything,he played his most and best football under DC so you would hope that would mean something.

8 hours ago, Mellor! said:

God knows how true it is, but I've seen on Twitter and Facebook that we've apparently signed Torquay keeper Lucas Covolan (the one who scored on Sunday.) Seen him a few times in the last couple of months on BT and he's made some brilliant saves. Saw a little documentary on him as well on BT, young bloke that is trying to work his way up from non league and seems like the right sort of character for Dazzler.

Never seen him play.

He is 30 though

Why should he report on rumours be accused of making things up if they dont come off
They're not rumours though. Confirmed by the players/coaches.

And surely as a journalist that's his job?

And rumours get reported on all the time.

There has been nothing reported either on our youth team and who's staying/leaving.

Posted (edited)

Northampton, Wigan, and apparently Exeter interested in Covalan.

Had a consistent upwards trajectory and seems to perform well at every level, which is usually a good sign. Have never seen him so won't offer too much judgement.

Edited by Joe B

He hasn’t exactly played at a high level in his career or very often. Not someone we should be after as a number 1 
Hopefully our scouting assessment is not simply a quick perusal of Wikipedia
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:
He hasn’t exactly played at a high level in his career or very often. Not someone we should be after as a number 1 

Or five minutes watching a video, however impressive (and to be fair, it was). 

I think we can trust the Matrix lads to have done their homework. 

• Like 2

Hasn't pre-season started this morning? Surprised no-one is camped down at VP spying on who's there?
Sure there will be. As soon as the Giro is picked up and mum's finished making their lunch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

There has been nothing reported either on our youth team and who's staying/leaving.

No one was signed but 2 of them have been asked to come back in preseason for a trial. 

58 minutes ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I imagine it has. Just think we should be looking at keepers such as King for first choice rather than someone whos recent clubs have been Torquay, white hawk, lewes and Worthing. Dosent install me with confidence that a keeper of 31 has been at that level for some time (since 2016) and a 5 minute youtube video won’t change my view. (Video looks good but we’ve been down that route before). Never seen him play so he could be a brilliant signing. I’d just prefer us to go all out and get a real proven quality at this level 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Increasingly suspect that  the clear out of some of the players was bit of dick-swinging rather than a carefully planned exercise.

The players needed to go. No other reason than the fact they aren’t good enough 

• Like 2