Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

5 hours ago, vale victory said:

Peterborough owner Darragh MacAnthony just put this on Twitter in a reply to a worried fan about lack of signings

Signings are coming. Patience as panic leads to poor business. I have said this since day 1.

And he always seems to do fantastic business

We just have to trust the process , DC ,DF and carol etc

lots of time yet

Words of wisdom won't wash with...Waliants!!! Sorry- went for the alliteration!

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

They have only released 6 players though. They still have more than one goalkeeper and about 25 other players.

Yes...and despite such a low turn round of players, their fans are still whinging!!!

John Clarke ,from Stockport Town, rumoured to have signed for Vale
Signed quite a few weeks ago but for the youth team. We've signed a few youth lads recently.

Would be nice if Baggaley at the Sentinel would catch up and report it though!
  • Like 1

Signed quite a few weeks ago but for the youth team. We've signed a few youth lads recently.

Would be nice if Baggaley at the Sentinel would catch up and report it though!
Why should he report on rumours be accused of making things up if they dont come off

Carol has said tonight that ‘Phase1’ of the recruitment process is pretty much done. Phase 1 being the first 11, based on how DC wants us to play. Phase2 will then begin. Phase 2 being about ‘Building the squad’ . She said that the process has been based on analysis and strategy for the first time in years.

Although that said I’m still getting a bit twitchy.

2 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Carol has said tonight that ‘Phase1’ of the recruitment process is pretty much done. Phase 1 being the first 11, based on how DC wants us to play. Phase2 will then begin. Phase 2 being about ‘Building the squad’ . She said that the process has been based on analysis and strategy for the first time in years.

Although that said I’m still getting a bit twitchy.

Where have you seen this mate? Sounds promising.

Hopefully! She also mentioned that the players who we’ve got have had to send in regular data via GPS regarding their fitness regime that they’ve been asked to carry out over pre season. Another first. 

So when the lads get back tomorrow it will be about analysing their current data and setting new fitness targets until the other lads come in.

God knows how true it is, but I've seen on Twitter and Facebook that we've apparently signed Torquay keeper Lucas Covolan (the one who scored on Sunday.) Seen him a few times in the last couple of months on BT and he's made some brilliant saves. Saw a little documentary on him as well on BT, young bloke that is trying to work his way up from non league and seems like the right sort of character for Dazzler.

Posted (edited)

Would Bodin even consider us after the way his dad was treated?
Whilst we know we have new owners and are a different club I'm not sure players think like that.

Edited by wotsyobeef
Quoted wrong post - removed quote

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Bit worried if we have finished with the so called ‘phase 1’ were a couple of first team players off being ready yet I’d of thought? 

I would imagine (hope) it includes players we've signed but not announced yet.