onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

12 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Walsall have signed Newport captain Joss Labadie.

I have to say, him + Connor Wilkinson are they type of signings I'd hoped we'd make.

Plenty of time left in the window though!

Matt Taylor looking like a bigger pull for them than bungling Brian. 

Had a good career as a player obviously unproven as a manager 

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Walsall have signed Newport captain Joss Labadie.

I have to say, him + Connor Wilkinson are they type of signings I'd hoped we'd make.

Plenty of time left in the window though!

I think people need to remember we cant sign every decent player that league 2 clubs sign this summer, we dont know exactly what darrell is going to play system wise or what kind of football some players suit this some dont darrell will know who he wants and im sure carol is backing him to get who that is

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

He will be a box-to-box, pressing midfielder I think.

Has great energy by all accounts but also had a reputation as being good in the air at Warrington.

I see him as a Doug Loft type.

I was going say he will be like Paul harsley but doug loft might be a decent comparison. We have a big pitch at vale so a player who runs none stop will be needed.

37 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
10 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
How does this affect us? We’re these keepers our targets as well?

I thought it was pretty obvious. There are 2 clubs that have now filled the position that the keepers we are trying to sign could fill. They have less options available.

if they were never our targets then that's immaterial!

39 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:
10 hours ago, valiant_593 said:
How does this affect us? We’re these keepers our targets as well?

I thought it was pretty obvious. There are 2 clubs that have now filled the position that the keepers we are trying to sign could fill. They have less options available.

That dosent make sense. Just because a side has signed a player Doesn’t mean we were ever interested. If they aren’t our targets then it’s completely irrelevant

15 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That dosent make sense. Just because a side has signed a player Doesn’t mean we were ever interested. If they aren’t our targets then it’s completely irrelevant

That's not what he's means. He means that those clubs won't now be fighting for any keepers that we might want. 

7 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

That's not what he's means. He means that those clubs won't now be fighting for any keepers that we might want. 

He means we have less (fewer) options available to us, as the pool of available GKs has shrunk by 2! But not if they were never our targets!

This is like that dress that people thought was either white and gold or blue and black.

For what it’s worth I agree with mellor... I think he is saying that those clubs now have their keepers and therefore won’t be looking to sign Keepers we might be after. 

When @wotsyobeef says there are two less slots available for our targets I think he means that there are 2 less goalkeeper jobs available in the football league as those teams have signed people.

So our potential targets will have 2 less teams that might want to sign them... meaning our chances would be better.

31 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

He means we have less (fewer) options available to us, as the pool of available GKs has shrunk by 2! But not if they were never our targets!

No, he doesn't. That's why he, Iron Curtain and I tried to explain to you what he meant. It's really not that important though.  Never mind.

On 12/06/2021 at 10:05, robf said:

I don't think it's in the media team or the club's interest to rush out news of the signings.

It's not there to get "breaking news" out as quick as possible, it's there to stage manage the signings to the best advantage of the club.

I actually think it's been really well managed by them.

For instance, with the five now announced... Why announce all five of them in one go when they can be staggered over several days to build up interest?

So what does it matter if we've actually got other signings already agreed that we haven't announced yet?

That delay not only heightens expectation as fans wait to see who's going to be announced but it also allows the club time to create a photoshop image of each player (all in the same style) and to gather quotes from Clarke etc on the signing to put in the press release.

Then each announcement has been sent to the local media with an embargo on it so they are pre-warned and then teased an hour or so before on social media to build up the expectation of the fans on the day itself.

I think that's a decent, well-organised job, personally.

the games people play!

Archived