onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Really Interesting point made by the Ale and the Vale lads (@stupers another brilliant pod)... about Garrity and how Oldham used him.

Oldham were not that complimentary BUT they used him predominantly in a defensive role.

Now, if we think back to when we were using Conlon in that role when DC had no choice when he first came in. He was dreadful and got some shocking scores. But then, as soon as he was put in his more natural position he started to shine again.

A new role for Garrity and he could suddenly click and be a bit of a cult hero! 🤞🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Not working for me. I have lost interest in the process altogether really. 

Bring Bruno back i say when we were signing 5 a day 😉 from the Norwegian division 23

For what it's worth i think the majority will be in place when training kicks in and for the first friendly in 3 weeks time,i would also imagine we will try out a couple of young trialists as well as the 2 ex youth players invited back for training

5 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Well Scott brown’s interview in the sentinel today makes for interesting reading

according to him we will have one of the biggest budgets on and off the field next season and we should be expecting promotion

I dont think that will surprise that many to be honest a lot goes on behind the scenes(financially),we wont be silly though but this is also why we were against the salary cap etc

49 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Well Scott brown’s interview in the sentinel today makes for interesting reading

according to him we will have one of the biggest budgets on and off the field next season and we should be expecting promotion

Whilst not insinuating he was led on it was interesting to see he said Clark was discussing next season with him at the Grimsby game. 

I still think we've made the right decision, time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Not working for me. I have lost interest in the process altogether really. 

If the Vale owners and media team are holding back the naming of players so they can reveal them in the new kit and make a big thing of it that, I think that would create a lot of interest from the fans and local rags.  I can't see a problem with it. Maybe reveal the new kit and the new players using a open day event at Vale Park so they can say hello to the fans and the fans say hello to them.

May be its the worry Vale fans have previously had of last minute dot com players coming in which prove to be rubbish as previous managers have not sorted out players coming into the club and all the best players have been offered contracts with other clubs.  Don't think that is happening now though.  So may be a quick message from DC and Flickers that players are lined up may help you get more interested again and let fans know we wont be getting last minute dot com players who fail to make the side.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Really Interesting point made by the Ale and the Vale lads (@stupers another brilliant pod)... about Garrity and how Oldham used him.

Oldham were not that complimentary BUT they used him predominantly in a defensive role.

Now, if we think back to when we were using Conlon in that role when DC had no choice when he first came in. He was dreadful and got some shocking scores. But then, as soon as he was put in his more natural position he started to shine again.

A new role for Garrity and he could suddenly click and be a bit of a cult hero! 🤞🤞🤞

Maybe Garrity is naturally a defensive midfielder and that’s why he’s been signed? After all no one seems to appreciate what a defensive midfielder does for the side so if that’s the role he played at Oldham it’s no surprise he was getting some stick. 

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, robf said:

I don't think it's in the media team or the club's interest to rush out news of the signings.

It's not there to get "breaking news" out as quick as possible, it's there to stage manage the signings to the best advantage of the club.

I actually think it's been really well managed by them.

For instance, with the five now announced... Why announce all five of them in one go when they can be staggered over several days to build up interest?

So what does it matter if we've actually got other signings already agreed that we haven't announced yet?

That delay not only heightens expectation as fans wait to see who's going to be announced but it also allows the club time to create a photoshop image of each player (all in the same style) and to gather quotes from Clarke etc on the signing to put in the press release.

Then each announcement has been sent to the local media with an embargo on it so they are pre-warned and then teased an hour or so before on social media to build up the expectation of the fans on the day itself.

I think that's a decent, well-organised job, personally.

Guest Vale at home
Just now, Vale at home said:

Well said.I do agree . 

Scott is a lovely bloke and was a great keeper for us but hes only 3rd choice for Exeter which means Clarke isn't the only manager to think he's no longer a 1st or 2nd choice goalie for a league club
As Scott explained he went there to be a coach, at an established playoff contender club.

Maybe Garrity is naturally a defensive midfielder and that’s why he’s been signed? After all no one seems to appreciate what a defensive midfielder does for the side so if that’s the role he played at Oldham it’s no surprise he was getting some stick. 
He will be a box-to-box, pressing midfielder I think.

Has great energy by all accounts but also had a reputation as being good in the air at Warrington.

I see him as a Doug Loft type.

Archived