Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

If our old keepers from last season are under contract till 1st July  can they play in the friendly games till there contract run out as vale are paying there wages. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Remember when the centre forward ended up in goal of goalie injured and no reserve on the bench. Sure it happened down the Vale. Is my memory playing tricks or did Popey play part of a game in goal ?

My hero Andy Jones had an hour or so in goal once. I'm not sure if it's this game but we signed Mark Grew and he then picked up a serious injury on his home debut against Rotherham. In the same game, the redoubtable Alan Webb stoically played on with a split shin (I remember it looked like he was wearing one red sock) but couldn't go off as we'd used the sub. 

Just now, robf said:

My hero Andy Jones had an hour or so in goal once. I'm not sure if it's this game but we signed Mark Grew and he then picked up a serious injury on his home debut against Rotherham. In the same game, Alan Webb played on with a split shin (I remember it looked like he was wearing one red sock) but couldn't go off as we'd used the sub. 

Thats the game I was thinking of Rob, just remember it was one of my striker heroes.

Mansfield after Nathan Bishop, young GK at Man Utd who came through at Southend and played 30 games for them before Utd snapped him up. 

Could be worth a look on loan. Cheltenham won the title with a loanee goalkeeper. 

I mentioned another Nathan, Nathan Baxter from Chelsea, earlier in the thread on the same thinking.

Mansfield after Nathan Bishop, young GK at Man Utd who came through at Southend and played 30 games for them before Utd snapped him up. 
Could be worth a look on loan. Cheltenham won the title with a loanee goalkeeper. 

1 hour ago, rsb said:

If our old keepers from last season are under contract till 1st July  can they play in the friendly games till there contract run out as vale are paying there wages. 

Our friendly games don't start until July 3rd 

23 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I mentioned another Nathan, Nathan Baxter from Chelsea, earlier in the thread on the same thinking.

Also have Jamie Cumming and Gavin Bazuna as examples of young keepers who did well on loan.

Maybe that is the thinking/approach with the GKs.

33 minutes ago, the valiant said:

Sam Hornby not signed his new contract offer at Bradford yet 

I see Sam occasionally through my work, I'll have a word! 😆