Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

39 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Tallest players take it in turns between the sticks if no youth goalies available?

Could be starting with Ronnie Sinclair between the sticks.

Posted (edited)

Remember when the centre forward ended up in goal if goalie injured and no reserve on the bench. Sure it happened down the Vale. Is my memory playing tricks or did Popey play part of a game in goal ?

18 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
Tallest players take it in turns between the sticks if no youth goalies available?
Edited by The man in the pub
typo

On 18/06/2021 at 12:07, Joe B said:

"fgs fans moaning about the media and kit! what's next! moaners and groaners as per."

Is the usual response to a bit of discussion about areas of improvement.

It's also the usual response to fans moaning about the media and kit. Actual areas needing improvement get, surprisingly, mainly positive reactions. 

On 18/06/2021 at 13:13, Burslem Academicals said:

......so at the moment we don't seem to be able to sign the players needed before pre-season starts and don't seem able to move on players that the manager doesn't want anymore.

Goodness sake, Chappie - give it a rest! Where have you heard / read we can't sign the players we need? I thought we'd already brought in 5 of our targets?

If there's a delay on some players being announced, it may work both ways, and our transfer-listed could be on their ways out? Even if they're not, we don't necessarily have to register them and play them...in fact, there is a good argument for saying if they're not wanted or needed, what's the point of registering them? You may...or may not...have noticed that there hasn't been a whole lot of transfer activity taking place? Yes - some clubs have signed roughly the same number of players as we have...but there seems to be a general hanging back from announcing a dozen or so players? Maybe it's a condition of the contracts that expire at the end of June? Maybe clubs don't want to risk their fans' anger by  letting them know their better players have signed for their rivals? One thing is certain - we will not hit the season start with an understrength squad! 

• Like 1

You would think that one or two will be announced at the start of the week ready for training(i would expect a keeper to be one) Johnson could get announced after tomorrows play off final at a guess

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

There is a Wilson No 9 shirt on display in the club shop.  Of significance ?

There’s also a Kevin number 9 shirt. They will obviously be battling it out for the centre forward spot!

14 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

There’s also a Kevin number 9 shirt. They will obviously be battling it out for the centre forward spot!

And a Carol number 12.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Remember when the centre forward ended up in goal of goalie injured and no reserve on the bench. Sure it happened down the Vale. Is my memory playing tricks or did Popey play part of a game in goal ?

I remember Terry Bailey pulling off a brilliant save at Lincoln. Trouble was, he wasn't the goalkeeper and after he was sent off Lincoln scored the penalty. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I remember Terry Bailey pulling off a brilliant save at Lincoln. Trouble was, he wasn't the goalkeeper and after he was sent off Lincoln scored the penalty. 

I also Remember Terry Bailey .  Brilliant player for the vale. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Thanks, our top striker then.

I think Salford played him out wide a lot but DC has already said that he sees goals in him as a central striker so as you say i think he will be our main striker who if fit should be capable of giving us 15 goals

• Like 1