onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

On 25/09/2021 at 19:56, jeffers said:

Brilliant result today at Scunthorpe, but also noticed that Tshimanga scored again for Chesterfield. That’s 9 in 8 games, may be one that got away from the matrix.

A player i mentioned on here during the summer but it looks like he was offered a good deal at Chesterfield,not sure if its one who got away as we dont know if DC would of liked him or not but i have a good friend who has followed his career(hence why i mentioned him) and he said that he thought he was very capable of playing in league 2

On 26/09/2021 at 10:40, PV1973 said:

Just going back to a post from last week about the assets we have, in particular gibbo, smith and Conlon and looking back on the last 3 wins theyre  players who can change games and IMO who are improving in our system too.

Take Conlons key contributions yesterday, an assist, the free kick, the clearance off the line, his willingness to have the ball in tight areas and keep possession, his cleverness around the box.

Gibbo, his 2 quality crosses first half, his defensive workrate and tenacity, getting himself in at the back post for potential chances,  he also made some intelligent runs around the box that weren’t picked out.

Garrity, again the workrate is unbelievable and he is also getting the knack of arriving into the box at the right time to get on the end of chances.

I can see clubs taking a look at these over the coming months. 

Lets not forget that Rodders is also being watched(well when he plays he is).

Our under 18's are doing well also this season,seems we have a decent bunch there(Bailey scored again Saturday),so the future looks a lot brighter even if one or two out of the current crop can break into the first team squad(Bailey has done already)

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

Tom Scott has found gainful employment at National League side FC Halifax Town

Interesting.. he will be understudy to another ex keeper of ours Sam Johnson. 

Edit : Apologies just read it had already been noted by Mr H

10 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

To be fair, I think clubs will have to pay top top dollar, to take our best players off us, if we are looking set for promotion. Luckily from a negotiation perspective, our best players are contracted beyond this season.

I am confident that if any player leaves then DC/DF and Carol will get the best deal possible for the club(unlike the blue one,it was whats best for him) and we all know that a fair bit would be given back to invest in the squad or youth set up

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

A player i mentioned on here during the summer but it looks like he was offered a good deal at Chesterfield,not sure if its one who got away as we dont know if DC would of liked him or not but i have a good friend who has followed his career(hence why i mentioned him) and he said that he thought he was very capable of playing in league 2

I have no idea who the player(s) are but it was rumoured Chesterfield are paying 5k per week for a couple of players. Money talks regardless of ability. No doubt he can play L2. 

I know we have a little way to go until January but i would really like to see us go all out to sign Cass and even though he has only played a few minutes Politic(right age to make better both of them).

Lets also add into that new contracts for Wozza and Smith

What do others think

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know we have a little way to go until January but i would really like to see us go all out to sign Cass and even though he has only played a few minutes Politic(right age to make better both of them).

What do others think

I agree. Think we have a chance with Politic but get a feeling that Newcastle are giving Cass an opportunity to get men's football and possibly won't sell yet.  Wouldn't surprise me next season to see him at a higher level ( hopefully with us ) 

A ball playing centre half , I mean that cross for Proctor was inch perfect. He clearly is relishing game time and has licence to roam . 

There's no harm Vale enquiring. If you don't ask you don't get. 

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What do others think

Totally agree.

I've been highly impressed with Cass. Another who just gets on with it. He'll play at a much higher level imo.

Wozza looks like he's got plenty left in the tank.

Smith has gone up another level with the extra responsibility.

24 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

What do others think

Chuck Gibbo in to the mix. He’s out of contract as well. 

I agree. Think we have a chance with Politic but get a feeling that Newcastle are giving Cass an opportunity to get men's football and possibly won't sell yet.  Wouldn't surprise me next season to see him at a higher level ( hopefully with us ) 
A ball playing centre half , I mean that cross for Proctor was inch perfect. He clearly is relishing game time and has licence to roam . 
Cass is out of contract in the summer so there's a possibility we could sign him in January. Presuming he wants to come here obviously. Sure his agent will be sounding out clubs higher up the chain though, as well as Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Politic would have to be playing every week for him to sign with us.  As things stand we may not even see him beyond January.  Our starting lineup and formation is pretty much set in stone right now so it’s hard to see who he would dislodge.

37 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Politic would have to be playing every week for him to sign with us.  As things stand we may not even see him beyond January.  Our starting lineup and formation is pretty much set in stone right now so it’s hard to see who he would dislodge.

Maybe have to see how Garrity's injury pans out, hopefully precautionary yesterday but if he does miss a few games then Politic may get his chance.  I've not been too impressed with Jake Taylor when he's played, still looks a bit unfit to me.

27 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Maybe have to see how Garrity's injury pans out, hopefully precautionary yesterday but if he does miss a few games then Politic may get his chance.  I've not been too impressed with Jake Taylor when he's played, still looks a bit unfit to me.

I thought Taylor looked very good yesterday. Some lovely touches, good running, kept possession under pressure, good passing.

Archived