onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Donny fans were absolutely apoplectic when he was released (all but 3 responses to the 'retained list' tweet express dismay). 

Right age and allows Jones to focus on CB. Backup and, if any good, a successor to Benning who is out of contract next summer. If not, he's gone in January.

He's fit and embedded in the squad already. Just a sensible signing. Assume Crosby knows him from NI days too.

Pleased with that! Surprised we haven't given him until the end of the season though, I've heard really good things about him from a couple of Donny fans that I know who reckon he's destined to end up championship or higher.
Makes you wonder, if that's the case, why he hasn't found a club before now?

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, cactuselves said:
Pleased with that! Surprised we haven't given him until the end of the season though, I've heard really good things about him from a couple of Donny fans that I know who reckon he's destined to end up championship or higher.

Makes you wonder, if that's the case, why he hasn't found a club before now?

Hard to say, but he didn't get much game time at Doncaster and we snapped him up on trial quite quickly due to link with Crosby so it might be just a bit of luck that we've got him. You always have to take what others say with a pinch of salt (see Ben Garrity) but they were glowing about him and lots of other Donny fans seem to like him too.  On the flip side, Doncaster decided to release him so the people who were working with him every day obviously didn't agree. Lets hope he does well for us. UTV!

Sounds good going off donny comments in the league above. Think the back 5 will be how we play for the majority of the season with the numbers we have back there. Imagine Jones will now be the starter at LCB with benning LWB and Amos as cover. As above Jones has been excellent everywhere so far but I’d like to see him given one position (LCB) and stick to it. 

Can he score 15-20 goals ? Unbelievable reading this thread that we’ve signed yet another left back given we’ve lost a 36 year old centre half . This left back is due to be back up for Jones, (player of the season so far I reckon) who is per this thread , the best left back since sliced bread and Benning (see the comment regarding Jones) and is himself the best since sliced bread. 

18 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Can he score 15-20 goals ? Unbelievable reading this thread that we’ve signed yet another left back given we’ve lost a 36 year old centre half . This left back is due to be back up for Jones, (player of the season so far I reckon) who is per this thread , the best left back since sliced bread and Benning (see the comment regarding Jones) and is himself the best since sliced bread. 

Ahhhhh well.

Cant please everyone.

UTV

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Makes sense I reckon. Can then get Dan Jones to move inside as first choice LCB and then Amos can cover for Benning. Means we’ve got another who is comfortable with the ball in that back three.

Just those words alone, move Jones and Amos can cover for Benning. People would have laughed if anyone had mentioned those players this time last year.

It’s not just the players traditional or favourite roles we have covered now, it’s flexible formations and options in every conceivable formation with players not only of good quality but also realistic threats on the bench to frighten under-performers. This is what a strong and fancied squad looks like. This is what a promotion season is built on.

Archived