onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

29 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Hmm  Well I'm a Vale Fan, Without disguise.  christopher,paul.lowe@gmail,com  if you wish to speak.

And please do not call me a <ovf censored> fan. I may be many things. But you don't hang around Vale for fifty years just for the crack.

Tbf Chris, you did say Bradford were a better club. Bigger maybe on the condition they get more fans as their Season tickets are about £100, however if you love the Vale, no club is better, at least in L2 anyway. 

I think fans are just getting the impression you hate Clarke mate, however if you saw tonight's performance you cannot say he hasn't brought in far better players than Askey. Look at Garrity, Jones and Proctor, most on here weren't impressed however so far they have looked fantastic additions. So Clarke deserves credit for that tbf.

Advert

I find it kind  of strange to get attacked so much for  supporting  my  home town club.  From abroad,

15 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Tbf Chris, you did say Bradford were a better club. Bigger maybe on the condition they get more fans as their Season tickets are about £100, however if you love the Vale, no club is better, at least in L2 anyway. 

I think fans are just getting the impression you hate Clarke mate, however if you saw tonight's performance you cannot say he hasn't brought in far better players than Askey. Look at Garrity, Jones and Proctor, most on here weren't impressed however so far they have looked fantastic additions. So Clarke deserves credit for that tbf.

15 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Hmm. I respect  your opinion mate.  I'll think on it. I do not hate anyone BTW.  Hate is a very bad word.  I think  we are doing okay actually.

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

Hmm  Well I'm a Vale Fan, Without disguise.  christopher,paul.lowe@gmail,com  if you wish to speak.

And please do not call me a <ovf censored> fan. I may be many things. But you don't hang around Vale for fifty years just for the crack.

You literally called Bradford a better club than us. What kind of vale fan does something like that?

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am struggling to understand why we have let a 32 year old striker that has scored 10+ goals for 5 different clubs go when other clubs in our league are so desperate according to some on here that they  are signing 34+ year old strikers. meanwhile we sign a 21 year old striker on loan.

Have you ever watched Theo?

He’s a bag of <ovf censored>.

I’d have happily driven him to Bradford myself 

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

I find it kind  of strange to get attacked so much for  supporting  my  home town club.  From abroad,

Hmm. I respect  your opinion mate.  I'll think on it. I do not hate anyone BTW.  Hate is a very bad word.  I think  we are doing okay actually.

Having a think on it is a good idea mate. You’ve slagged off the new signings, have constant digs at Clarke, call Bradford a better club, and then get your back out at a few unpleasantries towards Theo <ovf censored> Robinson. Christ on a bike man, and you wonder why you got a negative response! 

I am struggling to understand why we have let a 32 year old striker that has scored 10+ goals for 5 different clubs go when other clubs in our league are so desperate according to some on here that they  are signing 34+ year old strikers. meanwhile we sign a 21 year old striker on loan.
Personally I don't understand why your struggling to understand such an understandable situation.

8 hours ago, toyahw said:

I just don't think the pile on is justified Santa, Joe B and his fan club going on like he's the worst player ever at Vale.  Was he great for us, no. Have I seen a lot worse. Yes. And it is kind of funny that you can't criticise new signings, but piling in on him is okay. I just don't like it.

On a human level. 

No doubt  I will get murdered for this.

Feel sorry for anyone in my fan club.

Your point is very flawed. You literally called our recruits 'a bunch of donkeys' IN PRE-SEASON but commenting on Theo Robinson's lack of utility as a footballer after his move to a direct divisional rival is a step too far. 

404792315_Screenshot2021-09-01at08_53_04.thumb.png.e6814e1763e1172ca802efb31ab0dbd0.png

Think the difference between criticising a new signing and criticising Robinson is that Robinson has played 50+ games for us and been largely useless in all of them, so we have a fair evidence base to make judgements. New signings haven't.

You have kicked off at people celebrating the departure of a bad player with loads of poor performances and has now left, but it's fair game to criticise Port Vale players before they've kicked a competitive ball. 

I've got nothing against Theo the bloke but he was a useless footballer for us and I'm glad his wages are off the books. Calling current Port Vale players 'donkeys' before they've played a game for us is a joke.

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If you like stats, consider this:

Goals per game 0.26, 0.21, 0.22, 0.22, 0.18, 0.15, 0.11.

If those were the stats for 7 strikers for league games, which four would you keep?

Can you give me the 'useless outing per game for Port Vale' ratio of the 7 as well please? I'll then choose to get rid of the one with 0.99 on good money.

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What about all his other clubs? How did he do for them? 

Millwall. 3 in 11. 
Doncaster 9 in 63. 
Motherwell 0 in 10. 
Lincoln 1 in 14. 
Port vale 5 in 43. 

Didn’t exactly set the world alight at southend either. 18 in 91 with just 11 in 70 in his second spell. All the sides recently he has played for he has struggled with the exception of colchester. 

Watching this donkey for two spells attempt to be a footballer was bad enough. I’d prefer us to play whitehead up front as 4th option than Robinson. Good riddons, rubbish player who most of the time didn’t even try. 

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If you like stats, consider this:

Goals per game 0.26, 0.21, 0.22, 0.22, 0.18, 0.15, 0.11.

If those were the stats for 7 strikers for league games, which four would you keep?

Here's some more for you:

20/21 L2

Theo Robinson - Xg 5.78 - Goals 3

Tom Pope - Xg 2.86 - Goals 3

Kurtis Guthrie - Xg 2.64 - Goals 1

Mark Cullen - Xg 2.71 - Goals 2

Devante Rodney - Xg 8.46 - Goals 11

You wanted to keep a guy who scores half the goals he should based on the quality of chances he's presented with? If Theo was a clinical striker I could perhaps forgive his lack of other attributes - such as pace, strength, movement, hold up play, pressing - but the stats don't lie. Must have a good agent.

It's funny how different people view things. I personally saw Robinson as a big disappointment, but not "appalling".  And yes, before you ask, I have seen quite a few worse players than him in a Vale shirt. I thought towards the end of his spell he did look engaged and his workrate was there.

That's not to say it clearly wasn't working for him here and it was best he left for all parties. So, I'll glad he's gone both for us and for him.

But I do think that sometimes a player - be it Robinson, Lawrie Wilson, Leon Constantine or whoever - is tarred as the sole cause of all Vale's woes and can do no right. But is it really worth debating it anymore. Whether you think he was the worst ever or deserved a new chance is of no consequence now because he is no longer our player, so please don't let this thread descend into personal abuse. People are allowed to have contrary opinions and if you really can't handle what they are saying, there is an "Ignore" button.

Robinson has gone - and regardless of whether you think that's cause for huge celebration or regrets, it's not going to change the facts. I don't want to close this long-running thread because people can't stop having a pop at each other!

Archived