onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

15 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You have absolutely no idea what other clubs will / won't / can't do! But - until the transfer deadline ends...TONIGHT...we live in hope!

If you were the Vale manager, and you were looking at signing a player from another club (say Hartlepool for example) that had been told he had no future with the club, was training with the youth team and hadn't been given a squad number this season, with no interest from other clubs and you knew he was on £2k a week, and it was transfer deadline day today, what would you do?

A) Offer the player the full £2k because you're so desperate to sign him

or

B) Offer a pittance (perhaps £100 a week) and let the other team make up the rest because you know that otherwise they'll be stuck with paying the full amount?

and why would you do anything other than choose B?

Advert

16 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Good luck to the lad, hope he does really well in a Vale shirt.

However, given his track record of scoring goals it's highly unlikely he will be a player that makes the difference and gets Vale into the play-offs.

Won't need to if we continue defending how we have done in these first 5 games.

I've been thinking about it during a walk just and it's pissed me off. 

Slagging the kid off on social media is one thing done up and down the country at every club, but to tag him in the posts so he gets notifications and sees what Vale "fans" are saying about him personally before he's even made a sub appearance is beyond me. That'll really endear him to the club and motivate him. <ovf censored> off down Stoke you big dossers. 

2 hours ago, gavcradd said:

If you were the Vale manager, and you were looking at signing a player from another club (say Hartlepool for example) that had been told he had no future with the club, was training with the youth team and hadn't been given a squad number this season, with no interest from other clubs and you knew he was on £2k a week, and it was transfer deadline day today, what would you do?

A) Offer the player the full £2k because you're so desperate to sign him

or

B) Offer a pittance (perhaps £100 a week) and let the other team make up the rest because you know that otherwise they'll be stuck with paying the full amount?

and why would you do anything other than choose B?

I would take option B in a heartbeat - but- it depends how desperate another club is to sign the player...and some would have to be pretty desperate!

Personally with the 3 lads on the transfer list if they don’t go tonight make them a deal and get them gone.

We need harmony and team spirit throughout the club. Training with the youth set up is not the best way to achieve this.

It’s not their fault we signed them on stupid contracts for L2 level a contract is a contract it takes two to sign. Get them gone and wish them well for all concerned.

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Slagging the kid off on social media is one thing done up and down the country at every club, but to tag him in the posts so he gets notifications and sees what Vale "fans" are saying about him personally before he's even made a sub appearance is beyond me. That'll really endear him to the club and motivate him. <ovf censored> off down Stoke you big dossers. 

That is a petty and cowardly thing to do and "fans" like that need to be given a bollocking for their actions!

Personally with the 3 lads on the transfer list if they don’t go tonight make them a deal and get them gone.
We need harmony and team spirit throughout the club. Training with the youth set up is not the best way to achieve this.
It’s not their fault we signed them on stupid contracts for L2 level a contract is a contract it takes two to sign. Get them gone and wish them well for all concerned.
They don't go to the club they are biased at Bradley so in that sense I don't think it will affect the current squad. But I would agree that it's surely best to get them gone

22 minutes ago, Doha said:

It was the same with Garrity. Written off before he had kicked a ball for us and I've said before, as much as everyone is entitled to an opinion at least add a bit of balance to it. Social media is toxic, a breeding ground for the uneducated to stand on their soapbox and make themselves feel important. 

I'm not saying everyone should agree on everything - far from it. But people's opinions should be based on what they do on the pitch in a Vale shirt. 

38 minutes ago, dishydave said:
46 minutes ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

They don't go to the club they are biased at Bradley so in that sense I don't think it will affect the current squad. But I would agree that it's surely best to get them gone

Agree to extent, however any deal needs to make sense to all parties.

If the offer is from a club in our league, then why would you in effect give one of your opposition a player for free.  It needs to be a sensible offer, or frankly I would let them rot with the Youth Team, which might just be the incentive for them to accept a sensible settlement figure, and a reasonable contract elsewhere.  As you say none appear to be bad characters.

The example one poster has quoted that we pay all bar £100 a week of Theo’s wages if frankly ludicrous.  He has scored goals in the past and may do again.  Burgess was ok for us previously - seems to have lost his way, but is still young enough to come again.  Whitehead on the other hand……….

3 hours ago, Beech said:

Won't need to if we continue defending how we have done in these first 5 games.

So you're effectively saying if Vale defend as well and score at the same rate as we've done this season then Vale will get to the play-offs.

The defense is important but winning a lot of games is generally the key to promotion and to win games Vale have to score more goals than the opposition in the same game. 

5 games is not a large enough sample but it's what we have to go on so far.  The bad news is Vale haven't scored in 3 games this season, the good news is we've been creating chances. A failure to score a goal in 60% of games (3/5) ain't gonna get Vale anywhere near the play-off spots but hopefully the chances  created will start to be converted into goals and let's hope George Lloyd scores his share.

I want Vale into Lge 1 if not for any other reason than one bad season in this league and it's out the EFL you go.

Archived