onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

7 hours ago, Walka003 said:

One things for sure, with this or any signing. To go on to twitter or facebook and openly deride and abuse a player who has come to sign for our club is a disgrace and those "fans" who do it are nothing short of pathetic.

The lad was tagged into posts with people laughing at his goalscoring record and calling it a sh!t signing. What is that going to do to his confidence?

Completely agree 

7 hours ago, Beech said:

Well it's not really for you or us here to be sure about what the lad will bring to the squad. I'm pretty sure that Clarke and Fltcroft have done a bit of research on him other than simply checking out his Wiki. He's young, hungry and has had considerably more experience in league football than Bailey. That will do for me if he's to be fourth choice.

It’s a fans forum. Surely fans are allowed to express their thoughts on signing. I’m not slating the lad just expressing my concern based on his stats. DC and DF are all about stats now and all signings are now heavily based on stats and finally the players personally.

7 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

It’s a fans forum. Surely fans are allowed to express their thoughts on signing. I’m not slating the lad just expressing my concern based on his stats. DC and DF are all about stats now and all signings are now heavily based on stats and finally the players personally.

Yes of course they are but unfortunately we have a section of so called fans that put the club and players down at every chance they get its sad

Looking at that "Best Of George Lloyd" motion picture newsreel thingy from reuters/youtube industries incorporated.....it somehow struck me what an excellent signing this is.....consider Rodney comes on late for the tired Wilson and each play off Proctor the target man....if Proctor were to be injured or needing cover....as it looks as though both Wilson and Rodney work best not together but playing off and around the fixed point of a target man....George Lloyd not only has an inspirational workrate not unlike the infectious Garrity but the first touch and the flicks and lay offs were class and for a little fella the back to goal hold up play excellent.....if Wilson and Rodney are there to push each other then George lloyd is here to push for games and starts and playing minutes as a substitute as our new number 9.

Really hope this is the case and we have to give him our support until we have first seen in a Vale shirt (which could be tomorrow night).
So you're prepared to give him 1 game before withdrawal of your support is justified? Nowt like Vale fans

26 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I don’t know? You tell me?

I’m happy to wait and see what he brings to the squad and trust the management team to have thought this through concerning what they see in him and what they thing he can bring.

You are the one expressing concern over his stats and question what he brings to the squad.

You must have some criteria to judge these players by… using those stats and your judgement criteria, who would have have been happy with instead as our 4th choice striker?

Perhaps a bit like Proctor the lad George Lloyd is a number nine target man and not all about goals didn't the Champions last season spread the goals throughout the team with nobody getting double figures...that would be down to a good target man with good hold up play linking moves and knitting the action together and George Lloyd would have been integral to that....signs on loan from the league above having just won this league then George Lloyd has come to play....excellent signing and the final part of the jigsaw.

8 hours ago, Walka003 said:

One things for sure, with this or any signing. To go on to twitter or facebook and openly deride and abuse a player who has come to sign for our club is a disgrace and those "fans" who do it are nothing short of pathetic.

The lad was tagged into posts with people laughing at his goalscoring record and calling it a sh!t signing. What is that going to do to his confidence?

We have some utter utter utter dicks in the stands at Vale Park.

Why would you tag him other than actively wanting him to see and read it?

Screenshot them lad, name and shame. 

Archived