onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

40 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

...Next time a player leaves and fans start to blame agents then look no further than instances like this as to why footballers up and down the country will always try to look after themselves, it’s because clubs have no loyalty when they want a player out. 

Clubs display exactly the same amount of loyalty as any in-contract player who demands a transfer - it works both ways!

41 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

People going off goal stats should be reminded that he is likely to be a fifth striker (behind Amoo in the pecking order unless he proves otherwise) and is probably a different kind of striker to what we have already.

Not that it should be about goal stats in any way shape or form, it should be about making the chances - the goals will come from all over the pitch this season. 

People can’t wait to come on here and declare ‘Underwhelming’ 60 seconds after it being announced.

Welcome, buy into the work ethic and you will be sound.

Good post! Sensible!

20 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

How do you know they haven’t but just haven’t been wanted? Or offered a deal?

In fairness if I had a guaranteed wage for another year and no one else wanted me I’d take the money to feed my family and keep a roof over my head as would anyone.

How do you know they have? If I knew my employment with one company was coming to an end I would be looking for a change asap - even if it meant taking less money (and, this has been the situation, once, in my working status!) 

I think the problem is, we are in a microcosm on here where lets say about what, 15 negative forum members (who are completely entitled to their opinions) out of over 5000 members can derail a whole thread for weeks................... that's what was so nice about Saturdays result -  as another poster a few days back stated, its been nice to shut the doom mongers up for a bit and read so many good comments about the performance............ and then comes along poor George Lloyd..............................

I've looked across the Twitter and social medias, I don't think anyone is directly slagging off George. But you can understand why some are a bit deflated by the signing. If we needed help anywhere on the pitch it was up front, given our profligacy in front of goal so far this season (Proctor aside). I think most were wanting / expecting a player from the higher leagues that is unproven and might turn out to be a gem (like Jones was for a season). Instead we have signed a player who has very much had a chance (nearly 60 gamea) and has not been prolific. I wish him all the luck in the world, and I'll back him 110% but I am quite deflated with that. I think, like others, I'm not going to slate Lloyd, but I'm disappointed in the singing... 

27 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Clubs display exactly the same amount of loyalty as any in-contract player who demands a transfer - it works both ways!

Exactly right, when a player wants to leave fans scream blue murder because they’re being disloyal or “lead by an agent” and when a player is being actively forced out by a club fans scream blue murder too…. But against the players - Why haven’t they gone yet,  they’re  on easy street, they’re stealing a wage and such comments. All I’m saying is posts painting those 3 players to be bad guys because they haven’t left yet are wrong IMO. Professional pride doesn’t come in to it, they have other things to consider in their lives if they have no offers or the offers are derisory. 

Archived