onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:
I wouldn’t be surprised if we do a deal with the three so they become free agents after Tuesday. 

Doesn't make much sense to do it after the deadline? Isn't it the case that you need to be out of contract before the deadline closes to be able to register for another club after the deadline?

That was my point. Make a deal before the deadline on Tuesday and they will be free agents after. 

Well, the transfer listed 3 have certainly been stubborn and left it until the last minute! To be fair, I can’t really blame them for not wanting to take a pay cut, as I can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to match their pre-covid contracts. 

Will be interesting to see how it develops tomorrow as surely they don’t want to be training with the U18s until January! Seems likely Vale will be taking a hit either way, and it’s all about damage limitation now. 

8 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Well, the transfer listed 3 have certainly been stubborn and left it until the last minute! To be fair, I can’t really blame them for not wanting to take a pay cut, as I can’t imagine there are many clubs willing to match their pre-covid contracts. 

Will be interesting to see how it develops tomorrow as surely they don’t want to be training with the U18s until January! Seems likely Vale will be taking a hit either way, and it’s all about damage limitation now. 

They aren’t the bad guys though. They’re not wanted by us, but I don’t blame them either for waiting til something decent comes along. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

They aren’t the bad guys though. They’re not wanted by us, but I don’t blame them either for waiting til something decent comes along. 

But from a footballing perspective, I can't see either of them becoming more attractive to clubs, the longer they train with the U18s and get no actual game time. If they're happy just collecting their cheque and just get a cozy work out 4 times a week, well, each to their own I guess. So while I agree that they've been put in this situation, 2 of the 3 aren't exactly young guns, so if I were them, I would want to get that new contract asap. Because the situation they're currently in, won't exactly get clubs lining up to sign them, the longer it carries on. Bit of a catch 22 I guess...

Underwhelmed by the signing but then again same where I saw that we signed Garrity.  For me I expected a young player from a Premier League team or Championship, not 4th choice forward from Cheltenham.  For me there is so much talent at Under 23 level in the Premier League that we as a club never seem to go for.  I guess that is where we are at currently that we are signing reserves from a club like Cheltenham.  Anyway good luck to the lad and happy to be proved wrong and hope to see him get some minutes tomorrow night.

Archived