onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

10 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Why isn’t he staying at Bolton then if he’s that good? Surely he would be worthy of a spot on the their bench. ?

Coming back from injury I think.  They probably see him getting more games by going out in loan.  Would appear that he’s considered as a player for the longer term. 

Edit. Confirmed by the above post.

Advert

16 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Why isn’t he staying at Bolton then if he’s that good? Surely he would be worthy of a spot on the their bench. ?

What would you prefer for your best prospect after 12 months out?

Sitting on the bench and getting 20 minute cameos + cup games, or 40 games of competitive football in a team that hopes to win more games than it loses at a similar level to your own side?

It's a no-brainer. Politic is a massive asset for Bolton and, if managed correctly, could be a key player for them. I know a lad who worked for another EFL club who said from U18 level Politic was taking the mickey against them. He's a top talent. It does no one any good to have him recover from a year away from football by being bench fodder.

Everyone wins from this.

This looks an amazing signing. Flitcroft knows him well. He was on Soccer AM's "You know the drill" a few years back and looked incredible. Hopefully the injury hasn't set him back.

I wonder if this might see us play 442 a bit more often.

Signed a player from a club in the league above, the fans of which absolutely rave about him. Read the comments on social media and some of them are angry/disappointed/frustrated he's going out, that he hasn't been offered a new deal yet, that they could lose him on a free in the summer.

And according to Evatt it's down to Flitcroft and Clarke and the way they operate/set teams up that he's here.

VvMtAV0.png

I must say, having been very sceptical of DC's approach, I think we could have a serious chance this year, based on what I've seen so far. I can't see any real dud signings. Feels like we just need a couple of goals to get us going. The only thing that's missing for me is an identity. We've got a lot of versatility now, but a settled side and formation is important. I think DC is still trying to figure it out. Personally, I like the 433 given the personnel we have. Jones and Pett have been absolute stand outs and two great bits of business. With good full backs, Legge and Smith are still our best combo IMO.

14 minutes ago, Moz said:

I must say, having been very sceptical of DC's approach, I think we could have a serious chance this year, based on what I've seen so far. I can't see any real dud signings. Feels like we just need a couple of goals to get us going. The only thing that's missing for me is an identity. We've got a lot of versatility now, but a settled side and formation is important. I think DC is still trying to figure it out. Personally, I like the 433 given the personnel we have. Jones and Pett have been absolute stand outs and two great bits of business. With good full backs, Legge and Smith are still our best combo IMO.

Yeah that works or I really love the 4-2-3-1 with this squad also. Excellent piece of business by the club and really shown how beneficial it’s been by holding our nerve to get the right player rather than the scattergun approach we’ve used previously.

Cracking signing again. And even if he isn't a left-footer, the highlights seem to suggest it's more than just his standing foot! Also like that a few of the goals show him cutting in from the left, so no worries as to where he could play.

Actually, while Conlon's out, can we have a cheeky 4-2-3-1, with him, Worrall and Rodney all interchanging behind either Wilson or Proctor? Please and thank you.

Archived