onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

I thought Garritty was totally anonymous yesterday in the first half until I noticed that he was constantly looking around to see where Spearing was. If his role was actually to ensure that Spearing did not run the game then he achieved it very well.

I too like the look of our new recruits. They just need to gel, gain a little confidence together which hopefully will allow them to play with a bit more freedom and this could be a very interesting season.

And Wilson's first touch is a level way above League 2. The powers that be just need to work out how to involve him more but the pedigree shines through.

Garrity has a touch of the Doug Loft/Neil Brisco about him.

Boundless energy and will run through brick walls for the team, but maybe not technically the best.

Which isn't a bad thing as we have other ball players that can do that (Walker/Conlon/Pett). He definitely adds balance in there.

Advert

54 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

If/when we sign a left winger, how do we see this working?

In a 532, will they start? If they do start, will they have enough of an attacking impact on the game? (A bit Worrall’s dilemma at RWB)

Will they be an impact player? Like Amoo?

Obviously certain formations might see the winger start AND have more of an impact: 442, 433 etc. But will we start with a formation that suits/gets the best out of the new winger (any winger) very often?

I appreciate that we need the flexibility within the squad to play different formations (a bit like yesterday) but we’ve got to allow some these more attacking players to play in a system that allows them to flourish. Not saying we won’t BUT just not sure how I see things going?

didnt have much of an impact yesterday!

On 14/08/2021 at 12:13, Joe B said:

His all time record league season is 13 in 37, in 09-10. He's reached double figures in the league once since 2012, and he scraped through with 11. His career record is 1 in 4.

This concept that Theo is this good striker we've somehow failed to use properly is a fallacy. He is a 1 in 4 striker who regularly fails to get 10 goals a season and is well into his thirties. If someone is silly enough to take him off our hands then it'll be party time. 

I have no issue with his attitude as he grafted in the good run last season, dedicated a goal to Lee Collins, and has taken his exile with good humour, but he's not a professional striker anymore. I wish him the best but not at Port Vale.

He's as much of a goalscorer as Big Reg. They both scored 4 goals last time they were in League 1. 

How does his record stack up against our other strikers?

3 hours ago, vale victory said:

Well something is definitely happening this week that’s for sure

Is this concrete info?  There was some suggestion on social media that Andrade was at the game Saturday, although I’ve no idea if this is true,  false or in anyway connected.

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Is this concrete info?  There was some suggestion on social media that Andrade was at the game Saturday, although I’ve no idea if this is true,  false or in anyway connected.

He was definitely there. 

If I’m hearing the interview right, Clarke seems to suggest a player possibly coming in today, then contradicts this.  Maybe I’ve interpreted it the wrong way.  Either way he does say there’s a potential signing well progressed.

Edit. Having listened to it again, sounds like a winger rather than a striker coming in.  Possibly a loan rather than a perm.

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

If I’m hearing the interview right, Clarke seems to suggest a player possibly coming in today, then contradicts this.  Maybe I’ve interpreted it the wrong way.  Either way he does say there’s a potential signing well progressed.

Which interview is this?

Archived