onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Anyone know what the score is with Solanke? Seems a shame if he's spent all pre-season with us just to get jettisoned in the final week.

EDIT: Just seen Clarke's interview.

AND (trialist) TOM SOLANKE? WHAT’S THE LATEST WITH TOM?

“Tom hasn’t been offered a contract. I will be arranging a couple of games for one or two of the injury lads and lads that need game minutes back in the next couple of weeks. There will be opportunities then to potentially look at one or two trialists that train with us and whatnot. So, we will see and Tom will be invited back so I can see him in another game. But as things stand, no, no offers.”

Advert

5 hours ago, PV1973 said:

He got injured after the kidsgrove game and is still coming back from it along with Amoo and Gibbo. Nothing shady going on. 

Y'know, I'm not sure. Clarke seemed quite explicit in that there are two injured players that he wants to help bring back to full fitness. When one of the reporters mentions Taylor and Gibbons as the two injured (but omits Amoo), Clarke obfuscates. 

I am delighted to say there will only be a couple of players missing the game tomorrow, which I think is pretty great having endured a real tough pre-season plan, and those two players shouldn’t be far away which is good news.”

DARRELL, YOU MENTIONED ONE OR TWO PLAYERS WHO AREN’T READY – JAMES GIBBONS AND JAKE TAYLOR – CAN YOU GIVE US MORE DETAILS ABOUT HOW THEY ARE?

“Did I mention them, Baggy? Interesting you should say that because I can’t remember mentioning names! The injured boys are progressing nicely!

Whether winning, losing or drawing I'm sure this one will be an incredible atmosphere after the long wait, and let's be clear, a win doesn't mean we're going to run away with the league, just as defeat doesn't mean we'll spend the season rooted at the bottom.  Hopefully we can all have a great day out and, most importantly of all, a safe journey there and back.

4,600 STs.
1,000+ for a 2hr away trip.
5,000+ shirts sold.
Vale fans are mad, I swear. Those are ludicrous numbers for a League 2 team. Time for DC and the boys to deliver.
Especially when you consider the absolute dross weve been served for the vast majority of the last 10 years.

7 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Does anyone else, at the same time, hope Clarke succeeds but also suspect he's a total Richard Head?

Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Brian Clough etc. At times charming, but often could be right knobs.

Clarke seems fair anyway. Maybe Pope, Brown and the three transfer listed lads training with the youths would disagree. Perhaps even Tom Solanke is a bit cheesed off he's been here all summer with no contract. But I'm sure Clarke isn't doing all that to prove a point or just because he can, he's doing it for the good of the club.

12 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Brian Clough etc. At times charming, but often could be right knobs.

Clarke seems fair anyway. Maybe Pope, Brown and the three transfer listed lads training with the youths would disagree. Perhaps even Tom Solanke is a bit cheesed off he's been here all summer with no contract. But I'm sure Clarke isn't doing all that to prove a point or just because he can, he's doing it for the good of the club.

I am not convinced about that. 

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am not convinced about that. 

Which part?

The players released have been replaced by those of comparable or better ability and of a younger age. I'm sure if Solanke would improve the team then he'd be given a contract. The three transfer listed players are just not wanted and August was always going to be the most likely time for them to leave as the club will likely need to pay them off to some extent. That's more Flitcroft and the three player's agents responsibility anyway.

2 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Which part?

The players released have been replaced by those of comparable or better ability and of a younger age. I'm sure if Solanke would improve the team then he'd be given a contract. The three transfer listed players are just not wanted and August was always going to be the most likely time for them to leave as the club will likely need to pay them off to some extent. That's more Flitcroft and the three player's agents responsibility anyway.

That he is doing it for the good of the club and even if he thinks he is, that his approach is beneficial.

Archived