onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

I have been away but did see that DC said he is prepared to wait until the end of August for a striker if needs be but looking at yesterday and DC not commenting on Rodders then for me we need one in before the weekend as we look very light with having just Proctor and Wilson,if one gets a slight knock then we are left with Bailey

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

If he does sign then he will be for the future and wont affect if a winger comes in or not

I would hope if we sign a 20 year old from a club relegated from the premiership that he would want to be straight on it and in contention for a place rather than 1 for the future? If he can’t get in our team as a 20 year old after being released by West Brom he s heading for non league !

40 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I would hope if we sign a 20 year old from a club relegated from the premiership that he would want to be straight on it and in contention for a place rather than 1 for the future? If he can’t get in our team as a 20 year old after being released by West Brom he s heading for non league !

And he's not even got on the pitch in the last two games.

It seems that the striker could be a loan deal if so then i would think the winger could be a permanent one,so unless we pay a fee i guess it will be a free agent,so does anyone know of any free agent left wingers still out there.

This could be pointless of course if both are going to be on loan 🙂 although DC did say he didn't want many loans in unless he could sign them at the end of it

On 31/07/2021 at 00:05, CAVALIER said:

Very poor upfront so far Joe. We are are 1-0, 0-1 team presently. 

Maybe we need more defenders then 

For the zillionth time: 1 - 0 to the Arsenal wasn't a random song! As with most cliches it was often right!

On 31/07/2021 at 06:20, Rampant Zebra said:

So we have gone from a defence which towards the end of last season went on an unbeaten run of 8 games to one which needs to improve defending from set pieces and haven't played together before. I am not sure that is progress. Especially since they haven't really had time to decide if any of them fancy each others wives or don't agree with their choice of car or music. 

You just don't give up, do you? Never miss a chance for a dig - no matter how flimsy and insubstantial the basis is? Of last season's defence we have retained Smith and Legge. We have replaced some dubious LBs with a couple that ought to be an upgrade' the CBs we've brought in appear to be upgrades and, I would say even at this stage of the pre-season, the 2 new GKs will be an upgrade - not belittling Scott Brown's time at the Vale, just his diminishing  contribution. Given that some of the newbies were weeks late coming into the squad - because they had been playing competitive football more recently - then it's not surprising if some partnerships need some tweaking.

But - you just go ahead...keep finding (making up) reasons to knock the Vale! 

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You just don't give up, do you? Never miss a chance for a dig - no matter how flimsy and insubstantial the basis is? Of last season's defence we have retained Smith and Legge. We have replaced some dubious LBs with a couple that ought to be an upgrade' the CBs we've brought in appear to be upgrades and, I would say even at this stage of the pre-season, the 2 new GKs will be an upgrade - not belittling Scott Brown's time at the Vale, just his diminishing  contribution. Given that some of the newbies were weeks late coming into the squad - because they had been playing competitive football more recently - then it's not surprising if some partnerships need some tweaking.

But - you just go ahead...keep finding (making up) reasons to knock the Vale! 

This is a forum for opinions. I don't attack the poster, I am just expressing my opinion which I believe I am entitled to according to the rules. I am not trying to knock the Vale, I am just not convinced by our latest manager and his ability to lead us to promotion. I like Covolan, as I have said, but he got sent off in a friendly, which is not a good look. There are so many unknowns about the coming season and I don't share the blind optimism of some posters on here.

12 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

This is a forum for opinions. I don't attack the poster, I am just expressing my opinion which I believe I am entitled to according to the rules. I am not trying to knock the Vale, I am just not convinced by our latest manager and his ability to lead us to promotion. I like Covolan, as I have said, but he got sent off in a friendly, which is not a good look. There are so many unknowns about the coming season and I don't share the blind optimism of some posters on here.

🙄

Archived