onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

He did but as the poster I quoted said we might release him at the end of the season...

If we do then he wouldn’t have proven himself. He’s got a year to show us what he can do and show signs of continuing improvement. If he impressed on the pitch and training ground he will stay. Surely it’s down to the player now to go out there and impress. 

Advert

Hurst is decent and if builds his upper strength as the ability do well for Vale hopefully he certainly can put a good ball in with either foot .

My concerns are we are 8 days and nights away from start of the season and we are short of quality up front Rodney is no forward in my opinion so we have just two and a 17year old who might not be ready yet .

Also we have 3 unwanted players still at the club I believe so they need to either be released or be put in the squad as we cannot have unhappy players around the club as surely they will be having train with the young apprentices etc .

Much to do yet before the big kick off in my opinion .

Hurst is decent and if builds his upper strength as the ability do well for Vale hopefully he certainly can put a good ball in with either foot .
My concerns are we are 8 days and nights away from start of the season and we are short of quality up front Rodney is no forward in my opinion so we have just two and a 17year old who might not be ready yet .
Also we have 3 unwanted players still at the club I believe so they need to either be released or be put in the squad as we cannot have unhappy players around the club as surely they will be having train with the young apprentices etc .
Much to do yet before the big kick off in my opinion .

Like I told you before the 3 players are training with the youth team and will stay there until they are sold , released , leave etc

They are nowhere near the first team and they won’t be either so you need to stop thinking they should be

Agreeing with Horny Horse, whatever is next for me!

He is a professional footballer, this is a fact. Maybe we will be his only ever professional football club, but he has indeed become a professional footballer. 

The core of the team is top 3 in the league now.

There’s no better players than Benning, Martin, Worrall and others in their positions - other than maybe a few who are paid double.

excited to start now, though we may be a slow burner.

We’re going up, basically. Mark it now, whatever people say, when it’s all said and done, we’ll be in L1 next season.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

The core of the team is top 3 in the league now.

There’s no better players than Benning, Martin, Worrall and others in their positions - other than maybe a few who are paid double.

excited to start now, though we may be a slow burner.

We’re going up, basically. Mark it now, whatever people say, when it’s all said and done, we’ll be in L1 next season.

I like your enthusiasm. I'll delay my guarantees for a short time. I am not seeing us scoring much atm. I think we are solid and should be no pushovers but I'm not convinced promotion is looming. Mid-table is still better than most seasons in recent years.

34 minutes ago, Ron C said:

I like your enthusiasm. I'll delay my guarantees for a short time. I am not seeing us scoring much atm. I think we are solid and should be no pushovers but I'm not convinced promotion is looming. Mid-table is still better than most seasons in recent years.

The problem is somehow I don't think the majority of fans will except midtable. Whilst I agree it's great the club is now on the up, owner and infrastructure wise, we obviously need to get out of this League ASAP. 

Having said all that, I'm like you, in questioning whether we have enough up top. Only time will tell

28 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

The problem is somehow I don't think the majority of fans will except midtable. Whilst I agree it's great the club is now on the up, owner and infrastructure wise, we obviously need to get out of this League ASAP. 

Having said all that, I'm like you, in questioning whether we have enough up top. Only time will tell

It's a time for optimism. I've been around long enough to know it's not that easy, though.  I don't get carried away with highs nor the lows. Too many lows over my years!

8 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Why not give him a chance to develop?

He's a 21yo player plucked from non-league. He works hard and has a good attitude. He was our liveliest player for a while last season.

DC released 15 players this summer but saw enough in him to extend his contract. That's good enough for me.

I remember seeing young players at Vale like Danny Webber, David McGoldrick and Olamide Shodipo and thinking they didn't look great at the time - yet all 3 have developed and had good careers.

Fortunately, it's not up to the likes of "Wise Owl"!

Archived