onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

21 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Statistically we have released 4 strikers with a total of 330+ league goals between them and brought in two strikers with less than 50 league goals between them. But it means nothing of course.

Well gee - I wonder if their ages might be why they've scored more goals? While you're into slyly slagging us off with duff stats - how do these 2 groups of strikers compare for games played?

1 minute ago, LancyTony said:

Well gee - I wonder if their ages might be why they've scored more goals? While you're into slyly slagging us off with duff stats - how do these 2 groups of strikers compare for games played?

The real comparison is how many goals they would have scored for the Vale as against the number of goals their replacements will score in the coming season. I

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The real comparison is how many goals they would have scored for the Vale as against the number of goals their replacements will score in the coming season. I

If we have a good season no one will give a monkeys where the goals come from. 

37 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

No he wasn’t he was awful.

Not sure people understand fully how young players develop. Whilst maybe not bursting onto the scene in a blaze of glory, Hurst has made steady progress, especially in relation to his strength on the ball as earlier in the season he was tending to get out muscled. Clarke obviously has seen something in him to offer him a new contract. I find some of the comments harsh and dismissive and I for one think he may prove one or two doubters wrong. If the shot he had against Mansfield in our last home game of the season had burst the net and not rattled off the bar then I don't think you would be saying he shouldn't be in the squad or he is awful. Young players need to be carefully managed, be given adequate game time and supported then maybe one of these days we might sell one for a few quid.   

16 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Not sure people understand fully how young players develop. Whilst maybe not bursting onto the scene in a blaze of glory, Hurst has made steady progress, especially in relation to his strength on the ball as earlier in the season he was tending to get out muscled. Clarke obviously has seen something in him to offer him a new contract. I find some of the comments harsh and dismissive and I for one think he may prove one or two doubters wrong. If the shot he had against Mansfield in our last home game of the season had burst the net and not rattled off the bar then I don't think you would be saying he shouldn't be in the squad or he is awful. Young players need to be carefully managed, be given adequate game time and supported then maybe one of these days we might sell one for a few quid.   

Maybe we will see one in the future but it won’t be Hurst.

1 hour ago, Dr Delgado said:

Not sure if it was Clarke who offered him the new contract.

I'm with Dr Delgado here.  As an example, look at Harrison at Leeds.  His first season he was distinctly average and unable to get much game time.  When he did play Leeds fans constantly slated him as not good enough. In season 3 he scored 11 and registered 14 assists.  A top player, who has been given the time and coaching to develop. 

Who's to say Hurst might not do something similar?

16 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I'm with Dr Delgado here.  As an example, look at Harrison at Leeds.  His first season he was distinctly average and unable to get much game time.  When he did play Leeds fans constantly slated him as not good enough. In season 3 he scored 11 and registered 14 assists.  A top player, who has been given the time and coaching to develop. 

Who's to say Hurst might not do something similar?

I'd rather we give time to assess this season's Hurst, rather than start slagging him off on a previous version - which not everybody thought was bad! Usual Vale fan thing - don't give someone time! Incidentally - how was Shodipo the other night?

I see some of John Robertson's game (Ex Forest winger) in that of Alex Hurst. I'm not saying he will be as good as Robbo but Hurst has fast acceleration over 5-10yards to make space for a cross and has a low center of gravity and he is no slouch over longer distances. He can move the ball from foot to foot very quickly and can cross with either foot. He may well surprise a few people this year especially if he gets confident.

Archived