onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I think we do need more pace in the 1st eleven but that doesn't mean someone with blistering pace. More importantly a striker who has good movement to run in the channels drawing defenders out of position to create space for others.

Advert

3 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Tshimanga is said to be pacey and likes running at defenders and seemingly still hasn't signed for anybody had two league one trials which might have been a step too far and has just turned 24 so could be a free transfer....and wasn't young Swan quick and might be worth another loan....need more firepower because one injury to Rodney or Wilson and we are mid-table.

He was a it part player last season and regularly used as a sub. He runs around like a headless chicken most of the time. Ok he's nippy and tricky but is a NL player at best. 

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I would struggle to name a genuinely pacey player in league 2 that plays in the defensive midfield role.

There won't be many (any?) but that's not the point, it's having enough pace in there that when our attack breaks down with the team high up the pitch our midfield isn't bypassed, leaving the defence either outnumbered or overly stretched.  I felt it happened a bit too often last season and you do have to be athletic on our pitch.  Maybe it'll be a bit different this with both Pett and Walker sitting in but I don't see either of those two, or Conlon,  keeping up with some rivals in a foot race from box to box.

As I said, more of a thought than a worry at this point.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Statistically we have released 4 strikers with a total of 330+ league goals between them and brought in two strikers with less than 50 league goals between them. But it means nothing of course.

The only stat that will matter is how many our 2 new strikers score compared to the 4 released strikers at the end of this coming season, and at what level those goals were scored.  Time will tell.

8 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Statistically we have released 4 strikers with a total of 330+ league goals between them and brought in two strikers with less than 50 league goals between them. But it means nothing of course.

Yes I am a bit concerned about up front as Rodney's a 1 in 5 player odd which isn't bad but I think he is more effective as a wing player he seems more of a threat there .

I cannot tell you about James Wilson I mean he was at Man Utd which not seems that long ago ,surely he as the ability to score and create (one hopes so anyway ).

Proctor no knowledge whatsoever of the lad hope he can be a asset. 

Bailey is young and inexperienced however if you are good enough you are old enough (maybe in front of a crowd a supportive one he could be something else ,in a very good way .

So that's the thrust of the team lets hope they find tge onion bag regularly (not the one for cooking or putting back into refrigerator lol ).

Still feel we need another striker and a wide player like J jeffers or S Guppy who can light up  a game by doing something tremendous .

And less than 30 of those have been scored in the last 2 seasons. Hardly irreplaceable

51 minutes ago, philmpv said:
59 minutes ago, robf said:

Let's hope our late business is better than last seasons. Theo and McKirdy wasn't it?

I wonder if waiting is to do with the three transfer listed players? If there were late moves out for the likes of Theo then it may conceivably free up more money... If they can be moved on then there's the wages to splash out on a more high profile name - if they can't be moved on then a cheaper loan may be more realistic.

Let’s hope that their agents pull their fingers out and find them clubs that will offer them first team football!

Let’s face it, in a years time, without any first term football behind them, they will be even less attractive to other clubs and probably won’t be able to get as much wages etc.

I agree though Rob, it could be that if we can move on those 3 players - more wages to attract a couple of ‘good’ signings.

Darrell must know what he’s doing and obviously remains patient. Good job I’m not in charge, I’d be flapping about all over the gaff by now trying to sign a couple of lads.

I think we might have spent our 'experienced striker' budget now. Playing a patient game is a wise move by DC. A top-end prem youngster on loan or a non-league goal machine would be a decent result.

I just don't see the value in another 'experienced' 1-in-6 league striker.

Archived