onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I still don't quite understand why we don't use Robinson. If he was as rubbish as he is claimed to be and has still scored more than 100 career goals, how good would he have been if he had been trying? Surely a good manager should be able to get a tune out of him. Makes no sense to me that we are paying someone not to play for us. 

A number of managers have tried him. He’s been awful and you can’t say that DC hasn’t given him a good go, he started a fair amount of games towards the back end of last season. His goals are in the past and his record overall is pretty poor, especially Both spells for us! 

What manager? Everyone at vale has failed to get a tune out of him. Maybe the player themselves should have a bit of pride and put some effort in. 

I was extremely disappointed when we signed him as I remembered his previous spell, he was even worse this time around. Don’t see why even under contract we would want to give him yet another chance. Much rather us give a young lad a chance that actually has some interest in playing for us. 

Advert

5 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Does that mean Salford have began to tighten the purse strings or Wrexham with their hollywood owners are out Salfording them.

No mate still made some decent signings. 

Mcaleny, Lund , Josh Morris, Shepherd from Newport and that King who we seemed linked with. 

Mcaleny and Henderson potential good amount of goals there 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I think we’re going up. Seriously. 

FourFourTwo magazine has predicted us to finish 11th.

(their top 7 are Newport, Bradford, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Salford, Tranmere)

Noticed that the Racing and Football Outlook paper last week was tipping Vale as serious contenders (don't know if they predicted placings tho).

10 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

(their top 7 are Newport, Bradford, Forest Green, Bristol Rovers, Exeter, Salford, Tranmere)

Noticed that the Racing and Football Outlook paper last week was tipping Vale as serious contenders (don't know if they predicted placings tho).

I think top 7 is a minimum for us - anything less should be seen as a failure given the summer recruitment.

I feel our chances of success will heavily depend on the front two and of course luck with injuries to key players.  We really need at least 40 goals between Rodders and Wilson to give us a chance. I was watching Tony Naylor goals yesterday on the Youtube channel and couldn't help thinking Wilson could potentially give us the same kind of X factor in this division IF his head is right and DC can motivate him. 

I'm obviously biased, but on paper as things stand I would take our collective attacking/creative players of Rodders, Wilson, Proctor, Conlon, Wozza and Benning over anyone else in this league. 

Still think we need another top striker at this level to give the option of playing Rodders LW.

This is a good video. Good knowledge of squads and signings .

Lasts 22 minutes but it's worth a watch IMO. 

I won't spoil it by saying where we are predicted. 

Umpteen videos on YouTube but this seems more knowledgeable than some of the ones done by young kids . 

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This is a good video. Good knowledge of squads and signings .

Lasts 22 minutes but it's worth a watch IMO. 

I won't spoil it by saying where we are predicted. 

Umpteen videos on YouTube but this seems more knowledgeable than some of the ones done by young kids . 

Excellent listen.Very interesting comments about Vale. 

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I wouldn't disagree too much with that predicton. I'd reckoned an ever so slightly better position than last season. Still too shy up top for me: however, a decent signing before the big kick off and maybe we could scrape the play offs? 

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

Not sure about that one Darren. Some very very dubious predictions in there.

Yes I thought a few were strange. 

I've watched a couple and one had Exeter for relegation !! 

The one I posted did seem to know the squads but Colchester in particular was a random selection for promotion. 

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

A bit rich coming from one of Clarke's biggest critics.

I am not slagging him off, I thought it was relevant as Hartlepool are in our league and he's on trial there. You obviously didn't click on the story as the Hartlepool manager criticised most of the trialists but not by name. 

You carry on slagging off our recruitment instead and your doom and gloom outlook on our manager.

Laughable reply which incredibly got 3 likes. 

It has eight likes now. The people liking it probably appreciated the general sentiment of not slagging off former players rather than looking at it through the prism of "anti/pro Clarke poster says x" which seems to have weirdly taken over the forum and every topic discussed within it.

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Thank goodness we escaped relegation - it would have been a trap door to oblivion. It's all gone mental in the National with rich new owners trying to outspend each other at the prospect of landing a place in the promised land. Always wanted Wrexham and Stockport to get back up but let's hope we get promotion this season because trying to compete with this lot in L2 would make it even more difficult to get out. 

It's going to be fascinating to watch the National this season - it will be frantic! 

Archived