onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

27 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Your last paragraph is spot on. It's all about personal pride etc. 

I'd imagine if Solanke and Griffiths turned up at Vale in an unfit and unprofessional state then Clarke would of shown them the door immediately. 

I feel a bit sorry for Hartlepool, after the glory of the play off win it's all going very wrong. At least 3 of the 11 if not more have left. They are playing catch up and having to plumb the depths, think they'll be in trouble this season which is a shame after their achievement . 

As I've said before I have been in nerd mode taking snippets from other clubs.

Clearly I'm biased but I genuinely think we are up there with Gas and Bradford in terms of recruitment. 

A few teams Oldham, Hartlepool, Newport, Swindon are in a poor state of affairs. 

It's all about us gelling now. 

Just want that back up striker which will be a hard find . 

I think we’re going up. Seriously. 

Advert

10 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I still don't quite understand why we don't use Robinson. If he was as rubbish as he is claimed to be and has still scored more than 100 career goals, how good would he have been if he had been trying? Surely a good manager should be able to get a tune out of him. Makes no sense to me that we are paying someone not to play for us. 

Sort of believe that. After all Guthrie was brought in as a Robinson replacement and ended up below him. 

He did improve under the new management structure. 

There is no proof that all these new boys will be better.

I do agree, that while he is getting paid he should be given a proper pre season. He has a year left on his deal and I reckon he will see it out. 

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Crikey. That's a statement signing.

I wonder if we should send Hugh Jackman a message, see if he fancies putting some investment into a L2 club, just to wind up Ryan 'National League' Reynolds?!  

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

I wonder if we should send Hugh Jackman a message, see if he fancies putting some investment into a L2 club, just to wind up Ryan 'National League' Reynolds?!  

hes too busy with coffee shops in new york.😄:drink:

4 minutes ago, Clayts said:

we must have missed a trick here!!!!!!!!!!

On 29/06/2021 at 08:13, Portvale4 said:

You don’t seriously believe we have a chance of signing Mullin? Come on, let’s be realistic.

Well he’s just signed for a side in the league below? Wasn’t that far fetched was it. Definitely not signed for a championship club!!

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Well he’s just signed for a side in the league below? Wasn’t that far fetched was it. Definitely not signed for a championship club!!

To be honest I wouldn't have wanted us to break the bank for someone that had never hit double figures before last season.

I'd hazard a guess he must be on £3,000-£5,000+ a week to turn down some of the clubs linked with him and sign for a non-league club?

Just now, valeparklife said:

To be honest I wouldn't have wanted us to break the bank for someone that had never hit double figures before last season.

I'd hazard a guess he must be on £3,000-£5,000+ a week to turn down some of the clubs linked with him and sign for a non-league club?

Yeah it’s a tough one, he could just be coming into his prime and is a genuine goal scorer, or it’s just a complete one off as you say. Oh yeah he will be on a fair wage at Wrexham, they’re another side splashing the cash with their Hollywood owners. 

19 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yeah it’s a tough one, he could just be coming into his prime and is a genuine goal scorer, or it’s just a complete one off as you say. Oh yeah he will be on a fair wage at Wrexham, they’re another side splashing the cash with their Hollywood owners. 

I wouldn't swop our current situation for a vanity project like Wrexham.

Mullin had his wonder season last year. 

Was compared to Pope in 12/13 , but in reality Pope has been a far far more consistently heavier scorer. 

I'm not totally convinced by Mullin myself, been a bit part journeyman until last season. 6 goals here, 8 goals there . A 3 year deal at Wrexham , there's only one automatic place so the two money bags them and Stockport had better hope it pays off . 

Archived